cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI/PI: Receiver IDOC adapter packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have File to Idoc scenario. I am already doing idoc packaging using Michal's blog:- /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

In addition to this i want to send the idocs in batch rather them sending once. I have already explored the options using TCODE we20. In this we have an option of triggering the idocs using batch job. We can use this program RBDAPP01 to set the packet size.

All i want to know is how activate and schedule this batch job.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I have already explored the options using TCODE we20. In this we have an option of triggering the idocs using batch job. We can use this program RBDAPP01 to set the packet size.

>>>All i want to know is how activate and schedule this batch job.

create a variant in report RBDAPP01

then use SM36 to create a scheduled job that will run this variant

that's all

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the quick responce. I just want to know that if the radio button trigger by background job selected by me using TOCDE we20 will call this this RBDAPP01 report only. How can we can this which report it'll trigger if we check that radio button.

Kindly confirm and let me know how to check as whick report that radio button will trigger.

Thanks,

Aditya..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. you need to select the check button in WE20

this will do nothing more but put the IDOC in status

to be processed - this will not call any report

2. then you need to schedule report (as a job)

to process those idocs (with status to be processed)

does that answer your question?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

In addition to what you have told is that now i need to schedule the report RBDAPP01 in sm36 using variant and it will do the idoc batch processing automatically for the same settings which we have done in we20 by checking the radio button trigger by background program.

I need not to do any extra settings.Kindly confirm if i am refering to the correct report and my understanding on this. Also mention if my approach towards this idoc packaging is correct and will run fine as per expectations.

Regards,

Aditya.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

YOu have done everythin right.

1) Michals blog to send multiple idocs at a time.

2) WE20 settings to process idocs in batch.

3) Schedule RBDAPP01 in background.

@Rajeev: WE20 seetings are both for outbound and Inbound

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help i have completed the scenario and it runs fine. The only issue i am facing now is that once i execute the job using tcode sm36 in R/3 its not processing all the idocs serially.

I have made a batch of 10 idocs to test initially but after posting i see that the order of the idoc processing is not maintained.

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are your IDOCs getting generated in a serial order as you are sending the input data through files through XI and your background job is picking the IDOCs randomly ............or your IDOCs are getting generated in a random order............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Try using "Queue processing option" in the receiver idoc adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

File to Idoc generation in R/3 is working fine but then the job is picking the IDOCs randomly..

Yes u got it right. Kindly suggest to get rid of this problem so that the background job should pick the idocs in order.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

your msg heading is saying about reciver IDOC adapter packaging.........so i am little confused......

You are asking about sending IDOCs from XI to R/3 or from R/3 to XI?

i think you are asking about sending IDOCs from R/3 to XI - because the answer suggested by Michal is for sending IDOCs from R/3 to XI because WE20 configuration is done on R/3 server.......

if you are asking about IDOC packaging from XI to R/3 system, then i think in XI by SXMB_ADM tranasction - Integration Engine configuration - there is a IDOC PACKAGING parameter which can be set which will send that many IDOCs from XI to R/3.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Apr 3, 2009 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for your reply . Yes i am asking about IDOC packaging from XI to R/3 system.

Could you please elaborate more on your answer. Any blog or forum discussion on steps to achive this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i am asking about IDOC packaging from XI to R/3 system - Okay.......by using Michal's blog you have already done IDOC packaging by generating multiple IDOCs from a single file by changing the occurance of IDOC node and using it as an external definition.............

so your IDOCs will be sent in one packet to R/3..............

so what else do you want to configure now for IDOC packaging.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In addition to the idoc packaging i have done at XI side we have option of creating a batch of idocs in R/3 which we can schedule by an ABAP report.

Go through this forum since begining you'll able to get what i am searching for.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what i was slightly confusing about..........in your above post you have said this: In addition to this i want to send the idocs in batch rather them sending once. I have already explored the options using TCODE we20. In this we have an option of triggering the idocs using batch job. We can use this program RBDAPP01 to set the packet size. ...............So this i am asking that this sending of IDOCs in batch are from XI to R/3 - or - R/3 to XI................i think it is from R/3 to XI as you do WE20 configuration for outbound IDOCs in R/3 and then you can have a report to send it in a batch as a background job............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta