Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I have couple of question regarding the workflow

My approver doesn't get a link as to approve the request or to reject it, rather he gets a link as View

and when the approver clicks on the link which say '' view'' it take him into the CUP .

I was more expecting like 2 links in an email one called

1.Approve

2.Reject

Why is this ?(approver has full rights)

2. And always the email goes to Junk folder

3. I have user called Eric Servranckx and he exists in LDAP as Servran and in SAP as ESERVRAN

so when I raised a request it went through workflow and at the final stage when approver try to approve the request it errored out says ''user type RE doesnt exist'' ?( auto provisoning actiavted )

and I did the field mapping for LDAP where I matched SAP user ID to sAMAccountName

LDAP is Active directory and we are GRC AC 5.3

4.And also how to delete a request in CUP

can anyone share your experience and sort me out

Regards

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Please find my response below:

was more expecting like 2 links in an email one called

1.Approve

2.Reject

Why is this ?(approver has full rights)

This is a stage level setting. If you go to that particular stage, it contains configuration parameters called "approve by email" and "reject by email". If you configure them to "yes", the approver would see email link for approve and reject.

2. And always the email goes to Junk folder : This one has to be figured out from your email client and SAP.

3. I have user called Eric Servranckx and he exists in LDAP as Servran and in SAP as ESERVRAN

so when I raised a request it went through workflow and at the final stage when approver try to approve the request it errored out says ''user type RE doesnt exist'' ?( auto provisoning actiavted ) : This one has to be looked in more detail.

and I did the field mapping for LDAP where I matched SAP user ID to sAMAccountName

LDAP is Active directory and we are GRC AC 5.3

4.And also how to delete a request in CUP

There is no way to delete a request. You have to contact SAP to get a SQL deletion script for requests.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks for your suggestions,

1. When an approver receives two links in his email , Approve and Reject

say when he clicks on approve, I hope it still takes him into the tool, if not how would he know whether to approve it or not unless he runs some risk analysis and then may have to mitigate .

2.I was unable to change the approve by email option as it was grayed out( I think this coz there are request still pending to be approved by the approver ) I hope once there are no requests involving the

approver or that particular path I hope i can change these options

Thanks & Regards

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The link should be able to take you to the tool but as soon as you type in username and password, it will approve/reject the request. If you have set up risk analysis mandatory then CUP won't let you choose this option.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

I have risk analysis mandatory in both my stages at stage one so the aprover 1 can write some comments for the role aprover ( stage 2) and also for role approver to perform some mtitiagtion if any risk

so do you mean to say if I have this risk ananlysis set up as yes the approver won't have the the links in the email as Approve ,Reject .

thanks in advace

Regards

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Kevin. When risk analysis is Mandatory, CUP will not allow you to choose this option in stage. That is why you see approve by email is grayed out in your config.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh!!

Regards

Kevin