cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepare step: 4.3.BI: Converting Data Classes of InfoCubes - relevant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

SAP has this as a step in their upgrade guide to NW04s. See below. I do not think the system I been working on has done any changes to standard here. Where can I see this? I have checked tables TAORA og IAORA but do not see any non standard.

Any other ways to find out if custom DDART classes have been set?

In your SAP BW system, you have set up DDART data classes that do not correspond to the naming
conventions that are described in SAP Note 46272. The data classes are assigned to InfoCubes in the
maintenance transaction RSDCUBE.
The data classes that do not comply with the naming conventions are lost during the upgrade. As a
result, the tables that are generated for an InfoCube cannot be activated correctly and in the technical
settings, an error message about unknown data classes is displayed.
To solve this problem, you can use report RSDG_DATCLS_ASSIGN. It assigns InfoCubes to correct
data classes and enables you to convert groups of InfoCubes from an old (invalid) data class to a
new data class.
You must run the report before the upgrade.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data classes can be set specifically for each cube and ODS. These data classes are rarely used (I only had 1 customer that used this). The data classes are maintained specifically in the object. They are set only when the cube or ODS has no data yet and can be transported to QA and Prod.

Go to infocube, select Extras > DB Performance (from overall menu in V7). You will then select, Maintain DB Storage Parameters. Usually the Fact Table using DFACT and the Dimension Tables are in DDIM. This is where you can modify the data types to your own.

If this has not been set-up, there is nothing to do during the upgrade.

Kathleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply. However there must be one table where it is possible to check if such extensions are made?

It is a bit hard to go through all the cubes to look ?

Anyone knows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorgen,

Have a look in the tablespaces in DB02. If you don't see any custom tables listed, they were probably not created. Sometimes we only use them for large cubes and not for small ones.

Why don't you look at the largest cube to see if a tablespace was used?

You can run the program SAP_INFOCUBES_DESIGN to see which cubes are the largest.

Kathleen

Answers (0)