cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL - delete all existing lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are using ChaRM task list controlling transport for template and implementation projects and have activated Cross system Object Lock - CSOL.

The problem is now we are done with the template but the transports of the template are not in production yet since we will have the system in later time. The object locks that are recorded for the whole template implementation are hanging there and this will cause conflicts to the first roll-out implementation on all the same objects that will be modified. (the template and roll-out are in the same ECC landscape, same production system)

We do not want to deactivate the CSOL since we want to see conflicts between two roll-out projects .. but at the same time, we want to be able to clear off the locks from template , not to spend considerable amount of time manually unlock everything.

Would appreciate greatly if anybody could share how to delete all current locks, any reports ? any tricks?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello SP,

You can run the transaction /tmwflow/lockmon to delete the locks. The transaction allows you to filter by request, project, owner, etc (I belive that, in your case, filtering by project is the best choice).

Unfortunately the transaction doesn't have a 'select all' option. I created a VBS macro to optimize it (the macro selects, in very short time, all lines in both workbench and customizing tabs of the transaction, then you need only to click the 'unlock' button). It's not the finest way, but works fine here.

If you want, please give me a mail address so I can send you the macro.

Kind regards,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

I would appriciate the code very much. I experienced the same problem that we cannnot do "select all".

I have one small problem that this forum does not allow to post email eventhough I tried many ways. I will try to send you and email and hope that would work

thank you very much!!

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

I heard you have created a VBS macro to optimize lock deletion (the macro selects, in very short time, all lines in both workbench and customizing tabs of the transaction, then you need only to click the 'unlock' button). Please let me know how to get the macro from you, we are not allowed to post our emails in the reply. We also have duplicate locks appear in /tmwflow/lockmon. Please let us know if you have a solution of this problem.

Regards

Subhash

Answers (0)