cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for mode of travel entitlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our client wants a validation on mode of travel for traveller based on the grade. Ex when a person of grade Assistant Manager who is eligible only for mode of travel rail should be restricted in opting for mode of travel air.

I have maintained vehicle type and vehicle class in table V_T706F based on the grade.

If an employee opts for higher level of mode of travel the workflow mail should be directed to higher level of approver say Chairman.

since there is no option in Transaction TRIP for an employee to select the mode of travel how will the system validate this?

Please let me know if there is any solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this settings

Financial Accounting (New) --> Travel Management --> Travel Planning --> Trip Rules and Profiles

--> Trip And Class Rules

Trip and Class Rules for Flights

Trip and Class Rules for Hotel

Trip and Class Rules for Car Rental

Rail Class Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Thanks for your reply,

ok in Trip rules and profiles i can maintain class of flight and for other mode of travel, But how will the system validate based on the grade since there is no option for the traveller to select the mode of travel in T code TRIP? Is there any possibility for the traveller to select mode and class of travel and based on his eligibility workflow should act accordingly. if the person is eligible request should go to first level approver if that person is claiming higher mode of travel the travel request shold go to second level approver.

I have maintained mode of travel under Travel Expense ->Master Data->Control Parameters for Travel Expenses->Control Parameters from Travel Privileges->Define Vehicle Types->Define Vehicle Classes.

and maintained the same based on grade in table T706F and also in IT 0017.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Thanks a lot.. We are currently planning to use BADI for this validation. I will to do the same using user exit.. Will get back if i face any problem..

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpashree.