cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area Merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a client who currently has multiple Sales Areas.

We're planning to merge all into one Sales Area.

Please let me know, what all points do I need to look at?

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

when you say 'merge', will merging require changing open sales transactions? from 2 sales areas, i assume only 1 will survive. if so, then most likely there will be minimal to no additional configuration required.

in any case, you will need to consider your master data for customers, materials and condition records (prices, free goods, material determination, customer-material info, etc.). how this will affect your credit management will depend on the scope of your credit control area.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry let me re-phrase my question:

one business merging into a new business.

The Company 1 had SAP, too.

Now, we're planning to suggest their existing SAs into one..

I want to know what all points I need to consider?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rags,

It is a Bit Difficult task we need to document very perfectly before we go into implementing in SAP

First and foremost SAP Version they are working in.

1. Check No of Distribution Channels in company 1 and compare it with your company and organisation structure (if it is same or not if new distribution channel validate before adding in your structure)

2. Similaly Check the Divisions and product lines whether they are similar to your company's prodcut lines. (If yes then need to create and mainatain it)

3. No of pricing procedures used.

4. Tax Calculation is existing else Excise duty is calculated? IF so What procedure (TAXINJ or TAXINN)

5. Check the Functionalities present in your company with theirs. (Availability Check, MTO or MTS)

6. Check Business Process of their company. (Domestic, Export, Factory , Depot , STO, Intercompany...)

7. Check any special business scenario is utilized.

8. MM Consultant should check the Material types used in other company and other process

9. Fi & Co consultant should check from his perspective.

10 Similarly PP Consultant should take care of the process.

11. ABAP consultant has to check the no of Development Programs utilized

Apart from this Master Data Customers, Vendors, Materials all should be considered we need to go for detailed study. Its a partial implementation process.

Congragulation its a tough schedule but w can do it...

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if both the sales areas are present in the same server then

1) extend the Customers and materials to the new sales area.

2) Extend pricing of the materials as per the new sales area if the condtion records are maintained at Sales Org level.

3) Output Condtion Records need to be maintained

4) Extract progrram needs to be defined in order to extract the data and also it should transform the data as per the new Sales Area and FILE is created.

5) Load program needs to be defined in order to load the extracted and transformed file to create Sales documents in SAP ( BDC)