cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM selection in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

when selecting the BOM in the sales order, the selection screen displays alternative BOMs for 1 usage type only, and will show the other usages one at a time only if the first type does not exist. the sequence depends on the priorities (access sequence) set in IMG, and settings in item category.

my questions are:

1. does the 'next page' button in the selection screen refer to additional BOMs of the only same usage type?

2. is it possible to show other usage types in the same selection screen? if yes, where do we configure this

many thanks for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still awaiting for inputs.

many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

am not clear on ur question.. when you create SO, and try to find materials--then is this case?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Rags.

actually, BOM selection is working fine for us. my question was more of a theoretical one. to clarify the issue, let me cite an example:

1. for material A001, i create 5 alternative BOMs.

2. of these 5 BOMs, 3 have usage type SD, and 2 have usage type Production.

3. when you enter your BOM header material in the sales order, a selection screen will appear. because of the priorities set in IMG, it will show you only the 3 alternate BOMs of the SD usage type.

3. the system will display the 2 other production BOMs only if there are no SD usage BOMs or if these have been deactivated, or if you change the order of priority in IMG.

4. you cannot change the usage type in the BOM selection screen because this field is not available for input. there are "next page" buttons, and i'm wondering if this is or is not just for long lists of alternate BOMs with a single usage type.

my question: is it possible to show all 5 BOMs regardless of usage in the same list, or in different pages?

many thanks.

Edited by: jonathan y on Apr 3, 2009 7:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johanathan,

It is not possible, it is segregated at the very begining when we create CS01, we have field "BOM Usage" if we want the BOM to be relevant for SD process we choose "5", similarly we choose "1" for Production.

If we raise a sales order only bom those are releavent to SD will be shown. It will not not show Production BOM. Based on "Bom Usage" it is categorized. It will display only SD BOMS

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

quite right. but i forgot to mention that i included BOM usage 1 in the order of priority in selection using t-code OS30. the production BOM will appear for selection, but not together with the other usages at the same time.

nevertheless, thanks for your inputs!