cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expoting the File on Local Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any way by which i can execute any scenario for example idoc to file scenario wherein i place the file on my local desktop(or machine) instead of any FTP enabled folder or a remote server?

If yes, kindly tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want the file to be in your local desktop/at your machie you can use the FTP option in the file adapter.

while configuring the FTP adapter mention the directory name as your local desktop directory

server as your machie IP addpess

Port as 21 (most of the time it is 21)

when you install the FTP on ur system tyou will be able to know the port as well as server address.

Thanks

Rinku Gangwani

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can past file in any system by using file adapter NFS(Local)/FTP(Remov) protocol, before that we need to take permission from network people and take path from them.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If yuor system is in the same LAN as that of XI, you can achieve it using NFS. by giving the path of file along with your system name in file path.

[Reference : |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1967] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; Check the sender comm. channel in this.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use File System (NFS) Transport protocal. In this case u dont need any FTP server.

Regards,

Shwetambari

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Check this blog by Shabrish,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

In your case you should implememt FTP and not NFS. There are lot of FTP for free downloads. Do install any of them(in my weblog i have used GuildFTP). then verify the weblog (bhavesh has mentioned the link) to find where you need to put the file. Also take care that you have given the read/write rights to the folder which will be polled by the Adapter.

Pls check the following:

1) Your IP address is right.

2) The option 'Allow Logins' in GuildFTP server is checked, or else nothing can connect to the server. In Guild FTP server check ADMIN -> Allow Logins.

And then try connecting to it.

If you are using windows xp and you are not able to turn it of try to go to services.msc and stop firewall service.

REgards,

Divya