cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring scenario instance status alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP17. I've some scenarios working.

The problem is at monitoring scenario.

On one hand I've a satellite system(ECC 6.0) and I want monitored if the instance is started or stopped.So at the satellite system->TA rz20->SAP CCMS Monitor Templates->Entire System->SID(GRP)->Application Server->name(srv-sapgtec_GRP_00)->InstanceAsTask->Status(status attribute). I fount this alert I think is the alert that I need to use.

My doubt is that when I select this alert and button properties the properties and methods iview is opened, at the method tab "Methods effective form MTE nodes" Data collection method, Auto-reaction method and Analysis method the method value is <NO_METHOD>. Is is correct?

On the other hand at the solution manager I've actived this alert at the Solution for this SAP Satellite System, the alert is received successfully.

Please could you help me??

Regards

Raul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul Aguilar Bernardo ,

As far as i know, Availability Monitoring need use CCMSPING.

Please refer to the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/38/9e3337d7840ffee10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

About Auto-reaction method and Analysis method, i think if system stop, the assigned method also can't execute, so the <NO_METHOD> is correct.

Best Regards,

wu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wu,

I'm going to install CCMSPING agent to follow your advice. If it works I award your response with points.

Regards

Raul