cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Classification in MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know the relation of Class type 023 (Batch) and classification in the Material master.But what is the use of having Classification in Master Inspection Charecteristic, is there any relation between class type 005 (masterinspection charecteristic) and classification in MIC ?

Please advise me in this regards,

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Find the changes done to the characterisctics( values in the class type). So 023 and 005 are the calss type.

Each class must be assigned to exactly one class type. There is no connection between the individual class types.

The class type is used to define a number of parameters, such as:

1)The objects that can be classified in a class

2)Whether objects of different object types can be classified in the same class

3)Whether an object can be classified in more than one class of the same class type

4)The class maintenance screens that can be processed

The system compares the classification of two objects only if values were assigned for all characteristics of the class. based on the calss the system will check the values as per the class for the batch or MIC. So SAP has by default define 023 for batch managment and 005 for MICN and 300 for configuracle material which use in variant configuration..etc.

When you create classification data, the system asks you to choose a class type in a dialog box. If necessary, you can change the class type on the screen, where you assign the material to one or more classes. Entries are made in the Description, Status, and Icon fields automatically on the basis of the classes you have chosen. If you have assigned the material to more than one class, you can flag one of the classes as the standard class. You can then assign values to the characteristics. For example, if the characteristic is color, you can assign it the value blue .

You need to assign the Characteristic to a Batch class

And This batch class must be assigned to the material master in Classification view, Class type 023.

So first perform the Assignment of Characteristic to Batch Class and Assigne this batch class to Material.

You can check the result for the Characteristic in,

MSC2/3N

MSC5N

BMBC

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar ,

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking more clear solution for Class Type 005 (Master Inspection Charecteristic). How we use this in QM Module.

Regards,

Raj

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Just last thread I have giben the same example is like this,

There are class characteristics as well as Master inspction Characteristics.All characteristics have to be linked to each other. This can be done thru transaction QS23...

The QM class is assigned to the material in the classification view of the Material master.Now when you create Material Specifications from transaction QS61 the characteristics present in the Qm class type 005 which is assigned to material gets loaded.(i.e. M0 characteristics)...

Now the batches which are created for this material will inherit this class type 005 Hence the batches will have these characteristics as well. This can be seen in MSC2N...

Now when you perform result recording the results are uploaded to the characteristics in the Batch.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am closing this thread as I did not get the proper explanation.

Thanks to Mr.Brahmankar puting his efforts to give the best solutions.

Regards,

Raj