cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining New movement type for change in stock value

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to define a new movement type for updating my stock (Just like 101). But i do not want to increase the stock quantity and just want total stock value to be updated.

Please guide how this can be achieved ?

Thansk in advance.

Regards,

Nishant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you want to be updated? In order the total stock to be updated, the material stock has to be updated.

0 Kudos

I just want stock value to increase but stock quantity should not be changed. I want to use this move ment type for special purpose and not for normal goods receipts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Qty and value update check for the particular movement type can be done in OMWN.

Check it out.

But i feel it is depending on the material type. not on movement type.

Try it out.

Regards,

Raman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you manage your material with stock, then you can write on or write off value only with transaction MR22 or by changing price with MR21.

If you dont want manage your material with stock, then you have to decide if that request is valid for all materials having the same material type. it that is the case then n you have to switch off stock updating in material type attributes.

If it is only valid for this one material, then define a new material type without quantity update and change the material type of your material with MMAM to the new material type

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply...this was really a quite useful reply.....

In my case, i have a stock material and in the material type characteristics it is defined for both value and quantity update.

I can not define a new material type.

I want to define a new movement type, and whenever i use that movement type to receive the goods(of stock material), i should be able to update only the total stock value and should not change the stock quantity.

How can i define such movement type ?

Awaiting you reply.....

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot.

a movement type is not specific to value or quantity, it is common used and just does what is customized for a material type.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

++++

Apologies.

Edited by: Praveen Raghavendra on Apr 7, 2009 2:03 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Did you find an answer for this? I'm facing similar kind of situation.

I need to post a tax refund. Now I use Movement type 105 with posting keys 40 and 75. But it updates values.

I want to post that without updating the quantity.

Thank you in advance.

Raneetha

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Movement type cannot define the quantity or value updation - it only updates the posting string (transaction keys) depending on type of posting (consumption etc..) and updation (quantity/ value).

Quantity or value updation depends on material type attributes.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OMS2 t-code, select ur material type and click on Quatity folder on left side and there for ur plant, select only value updating and uncheck qty updating..

hope this helps...

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

At customising, Logistics->Material Master->Basic Settings->Material Types->Define Attributes of Material Types if you select the material type you are using, you will see that it has quantity and value update. Mayby this is what you are looking for.

regards

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

In transaction OMJJ set from 101 and to the mvm type number you want to create. then select 101 and copy. and then at the update control you check wether it updates the quantity etc..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use tcode OMJJ

copy it from 101.

It will do.

Regards,

Raman

0 Kudos

I do not want stock quantityto be updated.I just want total stock to be changed.

THis will not be achieved by simply copying 101....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simply copy it and update the control only total stock to be updated.

Try it

Regards,

Raman