cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete delivery indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have sales order with complete delivery indicator marked on. In this order I have four items, witch are on the stock in big quantity. Two of items have different shipping point, and because of that, this order is always pass over by program RVV50R10C to cerate delivers.

Please advice what can I do with this issue?

Maybe it is possible to have some message in VA01, to not put complete delivery if they are two shipping points...

Thanks

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Th system splits the delivery based on shiping points. it is one of the split criteria in the standard program to split if the shipping points are different.

in your case as, the Ship points are differnt the 2 items are not picked in single delivery

for the second part of query, you could try and use the exits to have a messge pop up for the complete delivery indicator

the message may be of type " check shipping points " when trying to check the complete delivery indicator

the exits are

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

Hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What are you going to achieve by not activating/checking the complete delivery indicator? In the scenario you have explained, it doesn't make any difference whether it is checked or not.

Marking the complete delivery indicator in sales order is required when the customer expects to receive all the ordered materials on one date. It doesn't make any difference to the customer whether it is delivered through a single delivery or through multiple deliveries. The scheduling will take care of all the lead times including the processing times in shipping point, transit time etc., and determine the delivery dates in schedule lines so that the materials reach the customer on one date. Even if you control at sales order level to avoid creating line items that have different shipping points, you have to create different sales orders for the ordered materials and again it leads to different deliveries also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

Create message in user exit can for sure solve the problem, but we have lots of changes there, so I prefer to avoid this.

Ravi, if system creates two delivers in the same day it will be OK, but it don't create any...

In this order all items have material availability at today, but when I run VL10/RVV50R10C it don't create even one delivery.

I have two messages:

Yellow: Item 00000x: delivery split because of different shipping points

Red: The customer has requested complete delivery

Target is to create two delivers at the same day, using background job.

I tryed to find some SAP note for this, but I didn't see any.

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far i understand from the issue which you have mentioned is that complete Delivery will make sense if the item present in the Sales Order are delivered in single shot. But here is your case as the shipping points are different so there will be multiple delivery for a single order.

Regarding the second question which you have, i think you can try with some user exit.

Regards,

SARTHAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can use the user exit " FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE ".

This user exit checks at the time of saving the sales order.

Discuss with abaper and explain the same-write logic and check in the way that if shipping points are different.

If shipping points are different check "complete delivery" is checked/marked.

Then accordingly make the system to react a warning or error specifying "uncheck the complete delivery -different shipping points"

"check the complete delivery-unique shipping point" etc..

This vl resolve ur problem

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Complete delivery indicator is used only to deliver all the items together from the sales order. But by using the standard copy controls you cant put two items with from the sales order with two different shipping points into one delivery..

If you want this to be done.. then you need to change your standard setting as mentioned by Akash Apte..

Thanks,

Ashok S

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are aware the concept of complete delivery is that whatever items ordered by a customer against one order reference, it should be executed at one stretch.

Hence creation of different deliveries will not be a problem as for as customer is concerned. Only thing is that you have to ensure that the billing document is one against multiple deliveries as I feel, customer is more concerned about billing document and not delivery document. Moreover, you cannot create one delivery against multiple shipping points.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi