cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right to develop and license Development tools for SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We plan to develop a modelling tool for SAP NetWeaver ABAP. However, we have noticed that SAP has excluded development of tools (Software-Entwicklungstool in German) as well as export software from the SDN subscription (EULA 3.62. f/h in the German EULA).

We wonder under which SAP license we are entitled to develop such a tool.(in German Software Entwicklungstool)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timed out

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wish I'd seen this before... but maybe my answer will help someone else. Or prompt some action on SAP's side.

The subscription is designed with the intention of enabling third party individuals to develop add-ons for SAP that they can sell, commericially.

The wording on the EULA is, frankly, dire, in its lack of clarify. And the SDN subscription team also don't seem to understand it. But you have to weigh the EULA against what the subscription web pages say:

I want to develop and sell SAP add-ons with SAP Netweaver

Developers and consultants looking to learn and commercialize general SAP NetWeaver projects and add-ons

Build expertise with hands-on access. Develop SAP-related add-ons or applications for sale

License Rights Develop, Test, Demonstrate, and Sell

All the stuff in the EULA that restricts what you can do is related to Enterprise Service Definitions and SAP Enterprise Services.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have asked the SDN subscription team (email given at the subscription process). However, this is very tough since they are obviously located offshore and we discuss legal terms. I mean the EULA was written by lawyers what it makes difficult to understand the details.

The EULA includes a term which forces me to surrender all IP (intellectual property) in case I violate some other terms. However, the other terms can be interpreted in one way or the other.

It'd be nice to have somebody who could clarify, especially as I can not start my development before I am sure that I can sell it. I'd need a legal binding information regarding the EULA.

In the SDN subscription I have bought I do have my own namespace, a developer key, however some kind of applications are exclude from the contract. So I must not develop software tools.

So I wonder whether there is an other EULA with a normal developer license, which would mean the SDN developer license is somehow less than a normal developer license.

The whole EULA of the SDN subscription is hard to understand en detail, is the "normal" EULA for developers somewhere available?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Comments and Suggestions, you might get a better answer here.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to ask this kind of question directly to SAP (ie, your account manager if you are already a SAP customer).

Regards,

Olivier