Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts Regarding EWAs & Audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me, how can we make the client to understand the importance of the EWAs( Early Watch Alerts ) for the SAP Security( like lot of users having SA38/SE38, some having S_program with Submit & P_group=* etc ), particularly if the client is thinking,

1) this is required to continue the business &

2) correcting the security design will be a big & difficult task?

I am planning to explain the client from the audit perspective. But I haven't seen the audit, not sure, whether these alerts will cause any problems, or not. So can you please elaborate from the audit perspective as well?

Thank you very much.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EWA's are not important from an audit perspective if they have alternative procedures in place.

EWA's can be useful but are only a small part of what should be monitored.

0 Kudos

SE/SA38 are on the list of forbidden transactions in Productive systems.

If needed they can be given temporary to support users but never to business users.

If you want to avoid using these create a transaction for every program needed.

Explain to the client that although audit forbids the use the real problem lies in the vulnerability of the system when end users can start programs. A lot of programs have no authorisations attached even the most dangerous ones!!

Just go through the list of programs and you can see where the dangers lie! Why bother to not allow SAP_ALL when this kind of access is given.