Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

VS2008 and Crystal Reports Server 2008

Hi,

I am trying to connect to CR Server 2008 using the following VB.Net code but keep getting the following exception: Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I have installed the CR Server 2008 Client Tools.

Where can i get the above dll?

Below is the code i'm using and i have highlighted the line that generates the error.

Try
            Dim serverName As String = "servername"
            Dim mySessionMgr As SessionMgr = New SessionMgr()

'Logon to the enterprise box
            Dim myEnterpriseSession As EnterpriseSession = mySessionMgr.Logon("Administrator", "pwd", serverName, "secEnterprise")

'Exception raised at line below
            Dim myEnterpriseService As EnterpriseService = myEnterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore")

Dim myInfoStore As InfoStore = New InfoStore(myEnterpriseService)

myEnterpriseService = myEnterpriseSession.GetService("PSReportFactory")

Dim psrfObject As Object = myEnterpriseService.Interface
            Dim myPSReportFactory As PSReportFactory = CType(psrfObject, PSReportFactory)
            Dim queryString As String = "Select SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_PARENTID From CI_INFOOBJECTS " _
                    & "Where SI_PROGID='CrystalEnterprise.Report' "
            Dim myInfoObjects As InfoObjects = myInfoStore.Query(queryString)

Dim myInfoObject As InfoObject = myInfoObjects(1)
            Dim myReportSource As ReportSource = myPSReportFactory.OpenReportSource(myInfoObject.ID)
        Catch ex As Exception
            strMsg = ex.Message
        End Try

Thanks

Former Member
replied

hmmm..."No route to host exception"

sounds like a failure for the web services to connect to the CMS. Try using the machine name instead of localhost for the Session URL.

Also, is this a multi-homed machine (multiple nics). If so, make sure the nic with the IP the CMS is using is at the top of the binding order.

if developing with the 2.0 .net framework, ensure the assemblies you added for the DSWS consumer dlls are from the dswsDotNet2Api folder, otherwise use the dlls in the dswsDotNetApi folder for 1.1 framework applications.

the source code looks correct

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question