cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop EP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to EP, WAS but I anyway have to test it.. can somebody tell me, pls how to stop (temporarily)the EP in the J2EE?

Another question, is that possible to develop web dynpro apps (accessing ABAP functions..) in SAP Netweaver dev. studio withoun EP beeing installed on the server? Is EP necessary for that?

Please don't answer me links to manuals, documentations cos I allready read all of them and I'm quite disgusted of such an amount to study..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately learning this stuff requires a lot of reading and I doubt that is going to change in any hurry.. You will get quick fixes\answers here on SDN but it if you want to seriously learn the technology your going to have to read!

I do however suggest looking up the great tutorials available right here on SDN and from the tech ed CD’s if you are more of a ‘hands on’ learner like me.

In regards to stopping EP..

Start Visual Admin> click services> right click on the ‘prtbridge’ service > select stop.

Doing the opposite also starts the service again.

Cheers

Daniel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There is a shortcut named " SAP Management Console " ,

or navigation to "Start -> Program " there is "SAP Managment Console ". Double-click the shortcut,the SAP Manament Console will be start.

You can look and change the status of the SAP application in the SAP Management Console .

e.g, your EP application name " j2e" , right click the "j2e", there will be an pop-up menu, you can choose "stop" or "start" to change the status of the application.

Visual Administrator is another method.

As I know, the development with NWDS is independent,

you can complete the development on NWDS,then upload the package to server .So the NWDS can be used without EP beeing installed on the server. In fact ,NWDS was installated on the developer's PC.

You could choose debug on the local, or remote debug(dubug the application on the server via some remote debug port) too.

It is feasible to access ABAP functions in web dynpro apps. Because Web dynpro apps is Java application in nature, RFC and BAPI can be called in JAVA .

My college had done that .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1) If you want to stop the EP, you must stop the J2ee engine. I do not know of anyway to stop EP, I would assume that their may be a flag on the engine somewhere to maybe turn off access to it, but you can't stop it.

2) You do not need EP in order to develop webdynpro applications in NWDS. You can develop and run your app directly on the engine. Remember all apps run on the engine, EP is just a pretty face where you can put all of your apps together and make them accessible to your users.

Regards,

Rich Heilman