cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock/Requirement gets updated without PGI being posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

When I create a stock transport order (STO) using [ME21N], I see the requirement getting updated in [MD04] against the Purchase Order. Now, using [VL10B], when I create delivery document, the stock requirement get removed inspite of the PGI not being done. I believe the stock requirement should only be udpated after PGI is executed.

Take this example, I have 10 units of material M1 and I create a STO for these 10 units, they reflects in [MD04]. When I create the delivery the requirement disappears and stock is not allocated against this delivery. Now, if create a customer order with material M1, for 10 units, the system create the delivery since the 10 units are available. Ideally the system should throw an error "Only 0 units of material is available" and should not create the delivery for the customer order.

I'm not sure if there is a configuration to control this behaviour. Can you help me with your thoughts.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadarajah,

When you work with STO, I believe the delivery item should not be relevant for MRP (therefore should not appear in MD04), because the requirement is already transferred through the STO itself. You might want to uncheck the "transfer requirements" checkbox for the schedule line type corresponding in the STO delivery.

Are you using standard item categories in the STO delivery?

Regarding availability, I also believe the standard SAP behavior is only taking in account the STO item for goods issue, not the delivery item itself.

This is system limitation of course, it would be nice to take in account the delivery, the same way as in full SD.

You might want to search for OSS notes with STO + transfer of requirements + availability + delivery, for your current SAP version.

Regards,

Franck