Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Currency in One Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Required your Guidence on this.

My Client is procuring different materials from a local Vendor and those materials are of Different Currencies. In One Purchase order he wants different curriencies to be maintained with respect to Line items ? Where as the Vendor Currency is INR and the line items Material Currency are USD, EUR, INR.

Does it Possible to have different Curriencies line itemwise within a single Purchase Order ?

Best Regards

Javeed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Thanks a lot, Your valuable input has helped me,

I Just have one more query related to this is when I am entering my Line item, the Currency Column of Purchase body is non-editable mode. I am not able to change or mention the currency key. Plz Guide me off

Hi Aldais,

Thanks for the input, Can u bit Clear on this while doing GR and Processing Invoice.

Best Regards

Javeed

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you used different currencies in purchase order? Then check in item details conditions-(hope because of different currency you cannot change net item value in item details), change condition value here.

thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear javeed,

When you make a po in foreign currency, you get the exchange rate of the day of the PO. during the goods receipt (lets say it is a later day) you will have a different exhange rate than the one at the day of the po. You do not care for this difference in GR. But during the IR, if the posting date is different than that of the GR, you will get another exchange rate. So the system will try to find an account to post this exchange rate differences (OBYC-KDG) or charge the stock account for stock materials. It depends on how you pay. If you want ot maintain the exchange rate of the GR, before entering the PO number, change the excvhange rate and enter that of the GR. With this procedure, you can also enter the currency, if the currency you are paying is different than the that of the PO.

Regards

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen is wright. You can only have one header currency. The items will be converted according to the exchange rate at the day of the PO. To what currency are you paying? The currency of the PO is transfered to MIRO. However you can change it before entering the PO at MIRO screen. But be aware of exchange rate differences between goods receipt and invoice (if these are stock materials and if the exchange rate of MIGO is different than MIRO)

regards

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Purchase order currency will be unique and maintained at header level. How ever if you want to enter multiple currencies (values only) then you can go to item level conditions and enter - value will be converted to header currency by system automatically.

Thanks