cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Financials Business Content DataSources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I'm looking at using the Reporting Financials Business Content DataSources but am scratching my head to see the difference between these datasources and the more tradtional ones for GL/AR/AP. Can anyone throw some light on this or have any documentation about why you would use these vs the traditional ones?

Thanks, Andrew.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional Info:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I am just implementing these new datasources so here are few observations.

The main difference I think, is that they can be used by virtal cube to access data directly (really on-line) from source system. (FI_GL/AP/AR_20, FI_AP/AR_30 - maybe some more, but we are using just these).

The main problems are that although these datasources are of type "after image", they are - in Business Content - directly linked through tranformation to infocube. And if you would like to use delta upload, it cause a problem, so you need to construct DSO object in data flow.

And FI_AP/AR_30 is not giving delta at all..... these datasources use the same Functional module for extraction as FI_AP/AR_3. So it should work OK, but since this type is based on delta queue, some BTE in FI accounting sends changed data through RFC only to delta queues for FI_AP/AR_3 and FI_AP/AR_30 remain empty.

Unfortunatelly there is not much information anywhere.....

Regards Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel, finally some useful information!

Would you say if you don't need the virtual cube reporting, then stick to the other extractors? I only want to use the AP/AR/GL 20/30 extractors as well so it's a bit of a worry that the deltas don't appear to be working correctly.

Do you think they are just bugs? The Business Content suggests the deltas should work OK. Or is it because the virtual cubes really demand "full" style updates so that any sort of data can get there.

Thanks for your thoughts, Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

after the experience I made with the new extractors and if I did not need the online access I would use old ones. The problem might have been solved by SPs for EHP3 (component SAP_APPL) - we do not have the latest implemented - but I doubt that, cos I did not find any relevant OSS note

If you use the new datasources (they are of type AIED, AIM - check RSO2), you have to use DSOs before cubes...The new ones support delta, but after image delta and you would get wrong figures without DSOs.

The virtuals really work only with full update, but it should not matter...

So concerning 0FI_AP/AR_30 I would suggest you to use 0FI_AP/AR_3 instead of them.

They have the same extraction structures, so you get the same fields. Also the logic of extraction is the same. See following

FM for extraction for 0FI_AP_30 - SREP_FIAP_30 looks has a few lines and then this...which is

CALL FUNCTION 'FBW4_DATA_TRANSFER_AP_3'

EXPORTING

I_ISOURCE = '0FI_AP_3'

I_REQUNR = i_requnr

I_MAXSIZE = i_maxsize

I_INITFLAG = i_initflag

I_UPDMODE = i_updmode

TABLES

I_T_SELECT = i_t_select

I_T_FIELDS = i_t_fields

E_T_DTFIAp_3 = e_t_dtfiap_3

EXCEPTIONS

NO_MORE_DATA = 1

ERROR_PASSED_TO_MESS_HANDLER = 2

OTHERS = 3.

0FI_AP/AR_20 works fine for me, but again you have to use DSOs, otherwise deltas do not make sense...

0FI_GL_20 might be working OK, but right now I am struggling with design of DSO, since the source table FAGLFLEXT has many key fields, so you can use 0FI_GL_10, which has around 95% same extraction structure and using the same source table....

Hope it helps a bit

Regards Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavel for the information. I think I will try to give it a go. I understand the need for DSOs - it's a pity the documentation is not clearer on this and they should have introduced some business content DSOs to at least copy rather than trying to figure it out on our own.

Cheers, Andrew.

former_member208595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Have a look into this link- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/65/7beb3cad744026e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Here you have Financial BC datasources & Reporting Financial BC datasources are there.

Edited by: Asish Sahu on Apr 3, 2009 11:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holden,

Check: [BI Content - Financials|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/65/7beb3cad744026e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm]

Srini