cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Persist Error Logs of Processed Messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there any way I can persist or view the error logs of messages which have already been processsed/restarted?

i.e when any messages are stuck in a queue and we perform a restart/reschedule them, the backend tables TRFCQOUT & TRFCQIN are refreshed with the new status of the message.

In such a case the previous error corresponding to the msg has been flushed off.

Is there any configuration parameter which can be set , or a history table to view the previous error history of messages??

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

My scenario is that I have a message M1 in queue Q1, which is stuck in the Queue because of any error .

I now go the transactions SMQ2/SMQ1/SMQR and i restart/reschedule this message M1.

Now, my message M1 has been processed succcessfully and there are no messages stuck in queue Q1.

My concern is that I now want to view the cause of the error which had blocked message M1 (it is no longer in the queue & has been processed).

In such a case where will I get the past Error details of this message?

Do these error details of PROCESSED messages get logged somewhere?

OR any parameter which we need to set to log these details

OR any standard History table which is updated with these details?

OR any FUnctionModules implemented for capturing these details of PROCESSED messages???

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Try to check the persistance layer analysis using t-code SXMS_MONI_DB

also refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/41/b715045ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

Also check this link on XI : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Divya

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Elizabeth

you can view it in RWB --> Message Montitoing --> provide all information about your messages and then you can view the history.

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to write an ABAP Program which should do a run this before you re start error messages . the program should read data from TRFCQOUT & TRFCQIN and store it in different tables.

To view all the errors develop a report to display these messages.

Hope this works for you. Also need to search any SAP Standard programs are these to solve this.

Regards

Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This option is always there at adapter level and at IE level

for adapter level logs go to MessagingSystem and check the retires it has been performed

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

At Moni you can always have no of pipeline steps and retry count go to end of record at moni and check the option avaliable there

HTH

Rajesh

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Runtime Workbench itself we have the option to see all error messages by using error/failure message option. I think this is only way to see error messages. Meanwhile if you want to delete error message, runtime workbench window only way to delete/cancel messages.