Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform : give a fix number of row per page

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I created a table using smartform.

Is there a way to give a fix number of row in a table per page ? For example, I want to print no more than 6 rows of this table per page.

Thanks.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe, you should use the template to do that, but you can manage a counter to count the numner of lines printed and when the counter is equal to 6 you force a new-page command.

Max

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe, you should use the template to do that, but you can manage a counter to count the numner of lines printed and when the counter is equal to 6 you force a new-page command.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

In fact, I read in this forum about a "Page Protection".

Maybe I can use it in order not to divide the printing of a line ?

I did use the Page Protection but without success.

I created a folder and created in it a table. But no way to activate the Page Protection checkbox.

Any help ???

Thanks.

Message was edited by: David Fryda

0 Kudos

David,

Page Protection is meant for a different purpose. When you have the data of row, which has multiple lines and you want to protect this line from spreading into multiple pages, that is when you use PAGE PROTECTION so that the data of a particular row is displayed on the same page.

In this case, I guess you will have force a NEW PAGE using a COUNTER variable.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi

Ravi is right, Page Protection is to not split the data at the end of a page: or it'll print all in current page or in nect page.

So you can't protect a certain number of lines, but only the objects contained (text elements for example).

Try to use a counter

Max

0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

How can I force a new page ?

I've read in another POST about "TTXSY in SYSTEM SYMBOLS".

I don't seem to have it.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

David,

Create a COMMAND object, where you can check the box GO TO NEW PAGE and specify the next page. In your case it might be the same page.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar,

Something I guess is missing for me to understand this solution.

I created a COMMAND object and check the GO TO NEW PAGE and specify the next page which is as you said the same page.

Now I have a COMMAND object and a TABLE object.

In the Main Area of the TABLE object, I created 2 ROWS.

The first ROW has 2 fields and the second ROW has 1 field.

When I run the SMARTFORM I would like to get the first ROW not separated from the second ROW at the end of the page.

I hope I am now more clear about my issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

David,

As I understood, you wanted a fixed no. of rows in every page you display. So, every 6 rows you wanted a PAGE BREAK.

Anyways, coming to the current one, I don't think there is any way keeping two rows in the same page. Is there any way that you can some how, extend the first line by a column, put the data of the second line, in the third column of the first line.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for all you precious knowledge.

Nice day.

0 Kudos

Last thing,

I age you 10 points, but I do not see it on my screen.

It is like the points do not appear after I gave you the reward.

Did you receive them ?

0 Kudos

David,

I can see that you have marked the thread as closed, for some strange reason its not reflecting to me as well.

May be the points database is down, don't worry about it. It will reflect after sometime.

Regards,

Ravi