cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID point Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using ID points and have a question for the audience.

ID points are assigned to storage types via configuration. When creating a putaway transfer order the logic the system seems to works through is;

1. Find the appropriate storage type

2. If that storage type has an associated ID point u2013 return that as its drop off bin

It does not look for the final destination bin at that point & hence does not display it. It is not until the storage unit is scanned again is the final bin determined.

Because it is not looking at bins this actually raises an issue in terms of available capacity.

At the point of assigning ID points it could get the operator to drop off product at an ID point even though all bins are full within that storage type.

When the pallet is next scanned it will tell the operator to go to the next logical storage type and if that has an ID point direct it there.

As it is not checking bins it is not actually checking availability until the final putaway is being requested.

Can anyone confirm that ID points dont take into account available capacity? Or shed some light on how this can be activated if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Adam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

The thoughts of SAP behind this, is that by using the ID point, you do not have open TO items to the bins, whereas the material needs to be repacked for example. So by using this, you're not already occupying bins for a certain amount of time. So it is usefull as long as your storage types are not (almost) full.

In your scenario, it is a disadvantage. I think that it is not possible to already take into account the possible bins where the material could be putaway.

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I thought that may be the case.

I will leave it open as there may of been someone else who has experienced a similar situation. I would be interested in the approach they used to overcome it.

Many Thanks,

Adam.

Answers (0)