cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference B/W Delivery plant and item plant in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

May i know Difference between Delivery plant and item plant in Sales order and what is the use of those fields.What is the process of raising sales order for different plants.

Thnks&Rgds

NAG

Edited by: NAGA SUDHIR on Apr 3, 2009 6:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you are comparing fiels DWERK (at header level) and WERKS (at item level).

If my understanding is correct, in major manufacturing industries where few fast moving items would be manufactured in multiple plants to meet the customer demand.

So while creating sale order, based on the master data maintenance (CMIR, CMR & MMR), both at header level and item level, the respective plant will flow by default and you can change the delivering plant at item level depending upon the stock available.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI G. Lakshmipathi,

Thnks for the reply.Yes i am comparing (DWERK (at header level) and WERKS (at item level)) these two fields.

Any how we can give only one plant in Customer Master, we are not maintaining Customer/mtrl regard (Not required in our company scenario) and we have extended MMR to different plants.

So as per ur answer u went me to change only WERKS (at item level) while raising sales order for different plants.Is it enough?

Thnks&Rgds

NAG

Edited by: NAGA SUDHIR on Apr 3, 2009 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

NAGA SUDHIR,

Yes, that's correct, My colleague has given the reply appropriately. You need to change only at item level. We practice the same.

Regards

Sathya

Answers (0)