cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Sales Order Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario where I'm looking for best option to implement. Any input from you guys are highly appreciated.

Currently, the PO# field is used by users to indicate whether the order keyed in via order type=ZOR/ZORM is an LPO, Tender or normal orders.

If LPO order, user will key in LPO in the first 5 chars or TDR (for Tender Orders).

Report logic would pick up this identification to tag LPO, TDR or NOR (normal) orders when sending sales data back to Supplier.

However, the Supplier has complained on many instances whereby the order is not tagged correctly, due to user not keying in this correct info in the PO# field.

Is there any suggestions of how we can handle this scenario?

Current options I can think of is:

1. Creating different Sales Order Types (ZLPO, ZTDR) for identifying these order types - same config as ZORM.

2. Having a field in the Sales Order Entry screen to tick/indicate whether LPO or TDR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The PO field is a text field and open for input and hence prone to manual entry errors. since you want to disctinguish the types of order, having a different document type or a field for entry of respective po types as considered by you would definately be a better option.

also you can draw a lot of MIS from standard reports and LIS structures

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akasha,

Thank you for you reply.

There is no other options I guess. Unless we develop an user exit.

Ok thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Order reason is not being used, can't this field be tried.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (0)