cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage space full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having storage space issue in development environment.Intially we have 3 clients in dev /100/120/140 . In dev 140 we had loaded master data and testing was done .So development database size grows upto 200GB. Due to this we are facing harddisk space issue and there is no additional space.

Since our testing was done, now we are planing to delete client 140 so that we will have sufficient space.

Now my question is , if we delete client 140 then do we get sufficient free space?

How will I know , each client space?

We are running ECC6 on MaxDb database and Linux OS. After delete the client what are the post activities to do in Maxdb database?

Like reogranization, db statistics update and etc..

Please suggest if you have any thoughts at the earliest, we need to provide some free space asap.

- Amy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

I dont understand your reply , The MaxDB-post-deletion-activity is: WAIT

How it works?

How will i know the each client space?

What are the post activitoes after client delete?

- Amy

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not duplicate posts across different forums.

Markus

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now my question is , if we delete client 140 then do we get sufficient free space?

Well, you will get more free space - it that's sufficient than depends on what you need...

> We are running ECC6 on MaxDb database and Linux OS. After delete the client what are the post activities to do in Maxdb database?

The MaxDB-post-deletion-activity is: WAIT

Wait for the free space to become available.

MaxDB handles freespace management asynchronously. So you may e.g. drop a large table and you immediately get the OK back from the database and can continue to work.

The space will then be marked free in the background by garbage collectors and thus become visible only after a while.

> Like reogranization, db statistics update and etc..

Statistics updates whould be a good idea - as it is whenever you change a whole lot of your data.

MaxDB is permanently self-reorganizing, so nothing to do on this front.

> Please suggest if you have any thoughts at the earliest, we need to provide some free space asap.

Ahem ... the cheapest option would be to go and simply buy a new hard disk...

regards,

Lars