cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about Change Request Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to CHaRM. I have couple of questions. I would appreciate your help to move on this.

1) Initially when I create IMG project, it ask for Transport request.

Question is should I proceed to create transport request.

If yes, What will happen to that transport request when all the change request imported into

production and implement. When will release and import the change request. I will appreciate if somebody direct me to the right place or explain me in details.

2) How does Transport dependency relationship maintain by CHaRM? I mean if you have change request depend each other and how does CHaRM handle the dependency? Do we need any CTS configuration or do we need any activation for the dependency. Also how does BI/BW transport handle?

3) After activated CHaRM, the initial phase of Maintenance cycle is Development W/O Release. We are using ur.gent correction to make it simple. And we use bundling too. As per ur.gent correction procedure regardless of phase can move to production. Once finish apply change request into production, then confirm and complete change request. While doing complete change request, series of question asks and complete the change request. Which means a task completed or cycle completed. How do you close the task or cycle or project etc.. What's the procedure and when close the project. When close the project does it move the transport request associate with that again or it's just close.

4) In Normal Correction, when change phase to "Test" means all the transport requests released and imported into test. If any error occurs how do you handle and move the transport requests? What I understood that create in development system and do transport copies so that can test in test system and if okay then released to move forward. Is that the process or some other process need to follow.

5) When you are doing new Implement and plan to use CHaRM, then definitely recommend to use Normal Correction. But you have only Development system. CHaRM required 2 real system to activate CHaRM. Even in TMS might define one real system and 2 virtual system but in CHaRM how to do that? And when you have real system or any new system wants to add how to handle. Becasue anytime change Transport Route then your CHaRM landscape have the inconsistencies. Only way I saw lot of places that close the cycle and create new one. Then what will happen the change request and transport request already work on same.

6) How does retrofit works?

7) If you have production support landscape and release landscape how to handle in CHaRM?

😎 If Production landscape and Release landscape where to maintain source and how to sync? I know there is program scma_btch_sync_test and scma_btch_sync_UC can do parallel import. But how to maintain the source?

I am sorry I am asking so many questions. As a new comer, really need all those helps.

Appreciate.

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you every make any progress with Retrofit? I have not been able to find any documentation since Solution Manager 4.0. Has SAP retired the Retrofit functionality?

Easton

Frank99
Explorer
0 Kudos

*ASUG Webcast Presents: SAP Change Request Management - Retrofitting Transport Requests*

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1:00 p.m. u2014 2:00 p.m. ET

Register Today at ASUG weblink http://lists.asug.com/t/803547/19913388/54808/2/

(As registration is only open to ASUG members, you must log in to the ASUG Web site to access this page.)

In system landscapes in which several releases are processed at the same time, changes can be made in different development systems: new developments can be made in the development system, and errors can be corrected or improvements can be made in a maintenance system for the production system landscape, at the same time. The system release levels must be adjusted regularly. Changes are made in parallel, so changes cannot be transport between systems in requests, because current software can be overwritten and inconsistencies can occur. To avoid this, import into the target system is controlled. This is called retrofitting.

This Webcast will provide an overview of the motivation, purpose, and procedure of the retrofit use case within Change Request Management (ChaRM) of your SAP Solution Manager 7.0 system. Also, the new retrofit enhancements introduced with SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 will be highlighted.

Speaker

John Krakowski, SAP Senior Product Manager, SAP Americas

John Krakowski is currently an SAP Senior Product Manager with the End-to-End Solution Operation Management team responsible for the roll-in and roll-out of the strategic SAP Solution Manager platform. He has been an employee of SAP for 12 years serving in the capacity as a senior support consultant, manager, key account advisor, and has been actively involved with the SAP Solution Manager platform since 2001.