cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation of Planning area datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using DP planning area in our Production system.As a requirement now we have to have a data source for planning area for data backup.

I have created a new DataSource for planning area in Development system and moved to Test system.

Here i have used RSA6 transaction to create transport request for this datasource.

Transport went successfully, but in Test system the datasource is not assigned to planning area.

In data extraction tools, if enter manfully the dataSource name i could display and change the dataSource .

but when i try to check the data source i see this message "DataSource does not exist or is not assigned to planning area".

Please advice is any thing i am missing?.

I think i can use transaction /SAPAPO/TSOBJ to create transport for planning area along with datasource. but i want to transport only the DataSource not planning area or any thing.

Could you please suggest better approach.

Regards.

Krish

Edited by: Tho Krish on Apr 3, 2009 1:25 AM

Edited by: Tho Krish on Apr 3, 2009 1:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Ensure that an entry exist in /SAPAPO/TSAREAX (This entry is done by SAP itself when u generate the datasource.

2) Create a transport which has a table entry of /SAPAPO/TSAREAX with the relvant key and the Datasource.You may have to add this manually to the transport request

3) Transport this request to Test and then manually replicate the datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the datasource entries in /SAPAPO/TSAREAEX in both the systems.

The entry is transfered with transport.

But some how this datasource is not assigned to planning area in Test system.

Is there any other things i need to check?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try running /SAPAPO/TS_AFTER_IMPORT?

This program helps remove BW incosistencies after the import of a request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for your immediate response.

The issue is resolved.

I have replicated the data source into BW and then i can see that the datasource is assigned to planning area.

Now every thing is OK.

Thanks

Krish