cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime MSM or MSI

Former Member
0 Kudos

The downloads page for Crystal Reports | XI Release 2 | * (at https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm) shows three SP5 downloads:

Crystal Reports XI Release 2 - SP 5 .NET Merge Modules

Crystal Reports XI Release 2 SP 5 - .NET Server Install

Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Service Pack 5 - Windows

What we need is the runtime MSM or MSI that contains the Crystal Report Viewer CRViewer.dll file (version 11.5.11.1470) which is normally installed at C:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\ActiveXControls.

If anyone can point me to that redistributable/utility?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you'll want the full CR SP5 install (third option) since the ActiveX viewer is not part of the .NET runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was not my question. The service pack is for applying to a computer with Crystal installed on it. I need the MSM or MSI for end user workstations that will run an application that uses the Crystal Reports Viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then install the second option.

The Wiki is [here|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsforVisualStudio.NETRuntimeDistribution-Versions9.1to12.0] is currently the best resource for CR.NET Runtime information.

Sincerely,

Amit

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ah.. so its an RDC application then?

For that you will need the RDC merge modules which are not currently available for SP5, but should be shortly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we are using the RDC. Do you know what "shortly" means? Is there a list of components and registry settings somewhere so that I can manually configure an installer project?

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no list for manual deployment.

We do not know when the merge modules will be available but typically they turn them around quickly.