cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lo extraction full and delta load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I found some good points for LO extraction from previous threads but need to know the things more correctly.Pl tell me am i right if i go for LO extraction by following process and pl give me your advise for the question given at the end of steps.

steps

1.Transfer BC DS if update "Inactive "in LBWE

2.maintain ES by transferring required filed ( but how do i activate ES?)

3.Maintain DS by selecting appropriate fields in selection,hide etc..( how can I activate DS?)

4.whats the use of Job control given in LBWE?Is it a scheduling a job to extract data from r/3?

5.delete set up tables

6. fill up set up tables

7.check RSA3 to see data

8.Now in BW replicate the DS( is it the correct time to replicate or do I need to replicate before this step)?

9.assign DS to IS ( or I need to assign IS to DS?)

10.create info pkg and schedule

In addition to the questions given with the steps above , pl tell me the above process will give me "full load"? if yes then what changes i need to make to do delta load ( its nice if u can tell me the steps)

when we use update mode ? Pl tell me after which steps referring to steps mentioned above.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvana,

can u plz tell me what is difference between update table and setup table or both r same? or in full and init setup tables are used and in delta upload update table r used?

& what is diff. between update table and extraction queue.

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

SETUP TABLES:- Are used when doing full load or Delta Init load, or we can say that when we load historical documents then they are transfered from the application tables to setup tables and from there to BW.

the reason for using setup tables is that SAP doesn't allow the extractor to directly get into the application tables.

Update Table:- they come into picture once the delta channel is set and for moving delta records that to only for Unserialized V3 Update. and by using the job control we can schedule and move the records to Delta Queue (RSA7).

hope i am clear.

thanks

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KR,

2.maintain ES by transferring required filed ( but how do i activate ES?)

Its not ES it is DS which is nothing but Datasource. In LBWE after activating the Datasource you cld transfer the required fields in Maintenance of particular DS you use and you can confirm those fileds for your extraction in BW.

4.whats the use of Job control given in LBWE?Is it a scheduling a job to extract data from r/3?

Yes, using Job control you could schedule job to capture delta from R/3. delta starts only after your successful init in BW. You can in diff intervals like hours, day,week,month etc..

8.Now in BW replicate the DS( is it the correct time to replicate or do I need to replicate before this step)?

Once you have made your datasource active you can replicate in BW. Replicating your datasource in BW does not have any relation to filling the setuptable in R/3. So you cld replicate even before filling the setuptable or after also fine.

9.assign DS to IS ( or I need to assign IS to DS?)

You can create an Infosource by assigning an datasource to it.

In addition to the questions given with the steps above , pl tell me the above process will give me "full load"? if yes then what changes i need to make to do delta load ( its nice if u can tell me the steps)

First check whether your datasource is delta enabled. If so, then do the initiallisation first. Once Init is done then from there you cld carry on Delta. If your datasource is not delta enabled then you cld do only Full update.

when we use update mode ? Pl tell me after which steps referring to steps mentioned above.

Before scheduling the Job for delta, you shld select the type of update whether it is a queued delta, deirect delta and V3 unserialised update. Also pls note you shld complete init before going for schduling job for delta.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

Bhuvana.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen and dinesh

I have this web logs but if you can give me the specific answers to my questions , that would clear my doubts more easily .Pl help me as it takes only few mintues for you Gurus to answer this questions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KR,

Please go through these weblogs for detailed understanding of LO extraction mechanism. If you have any further queries, post them.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/16/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-one-v3-update-the-145serializer146

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/23/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-two-v3-update-when-some-problems-can-occur

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/19/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-three-the-new-update-methods

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/04/19/logistic-cockpit-a-new-deal-overshadowed-by-the-old-fashioned-lis

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/14/logistic-cockpit--when-you-need-more--first-option-enhance-it

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/05/sap-bw-and-business-content-datasources-in-pursuit-of-the-origins

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen