Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Agents in workflow

Hi,

I'd like to know somehing about the agents in workflow.

As far as I know there are 3 types of agents:

1. Responsible Agents

2. Possible Agents

3. Actual Agents.

I want to know why there are 3 types of Agents and how they are dependent on each other? Please let me know in details...

Thanks and Regards,

Pritam Mohanty.

replied

Hi Pritham,

Yes you are correct. You would assign something in WF e.g. if it changes (using a rule based on company code for example) or if you have a task that is used in different parts of the flow with different agents.

The agent determination is very flexible and very powerful and there are many ways to do it. Some ways are good in some situations and bad in others and vice versa.

Remember that you CAN change possible agents in Production, but you can NOT change any assignments done in the WF template (unless it's via a rule).

Excluded agents - in your example, if Y is an excluded agent then the WI will only go to X:

possible = XYZ

selected = XY

Excluded = Y

Actual = selected - excluded = X

The excluded scenario is a little different from the way I think it should be designed: If <i>your agent determination</i> results in a blank for selected agents it will go to all possibles. The excluded bit is applied <i>afterwards</i> - it simply subtracts. So if your determination results in one agent which is also excluded then you have an orphaned WI with no agents. (Your WF admin will pick those up with SWI2_ADM1). Still, it's usually simple enough to design around.

Cheers

Mike

Additional note: If you are using a rule you can set the flag 'Terminate if no result' - this will send the WF into error if no agents are found.

Message was edited by: Mike Pokraka - added note about rule.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question