Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Driven - Shopping carts not in soco

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 5.0

classic

R3 47

Transfer a req to SRM and the SOURCE_REL_IND is not getting flagged, We are using the BBP_SRC_DETERMINE badi to flag the item as sourcing relevant. Through debugging have discovered that the badi is assigning X to SOURCE_REL_IND field and sap code is overwriting it with null. What is happening is the SRM system is creating the shopping cart and then trying to send it back to R3 as a reservation or a requsition. Why?

I've searched through SDN and read a few posts. The BBPV_SRC_DET table is set to individual category ID's, R3 backend system for all, and never carry out sourcing for all. I've tried all different kinds of combinations in BBPV_SRC_DET including * for category ID, no source system, r3 as source systtem, srm as source system, and never carry out, always carry out, and carry out for reqs without assigned SOS. I turned off the badi and set it to always carry out sourcing as this is still happening.

Any ideas why its trying to create a reservation or requstion in backend on transfer completion. I've opened an oss message, too slow. this does not happen across the board, only some reqs do this, dont need information on how to config tranfers for PDP, this is specific to source_rel_ind field. thanks for your help.

justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per Muthu suggested ..

Please re check customizing settings and confirm souring settings are

Always carry out sourcing - if it selected it supposed to flag X to SOURCE_REL_IND .

Thanks

prasad.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently I faced same problem but during thorough checks I found that the category ID was not maintained in the sourcing configuration.After maintaining that category ID in config as 'sourcing carry out if source is not available' my problem solved.

Please once again check your product category maintained for the sourcing in the config.

Thanks,

Koushik.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved. I will answer the questions from replies and put more detail to help anyone else that may encounter this.

We determine sourcing relevance through badi BBP_SRC_DETERMINE, not the configuration table for define product categories for sourcing.

The reservation is created during the transfer programs call stack. CL_BBP_SC_TRANSER, method transfer line 89 is where the system is trying to create a reservation. Through continued testing i discovered that this is happening for items with available stock. So i checked the configuration for define objects in backend, although it was set for "3 always external procurement", i had maintained the category ID as *, so i guess the system was unable to determine the int procurement configuration setting so it was defaulting to "2 Reservation generated if stock available, otherwise ext proc", once i removed the * and added individual entries for each category ID the problem went away. So you guys were right about the wildcard.

This explains why some reqs would get sourcing relevant flag and others would not. The reqs that did not get a sourcing relevant flag, would also try to create reservations in the BE during transfer. The common denominator was the availabe stock and the resolution was to not use a wildcard * in the entries for "objects generate in BE".

I appreciate the responses and points have been awarded.

thanks,

justin

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Justin for your updates. you are doing good jobs and explored many stuffs in PDP.

BR

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi justin,

Very strange.our objective is to bring the PR(ext req) for just sourcing ..and create a PO in backend.

(1)always carry out sourcing - it supposed to flag X to SOURCE_REL_IND .recheck this settings again.catalog id , log system name ,purg.grp...

(2) Define Objects in Backend System (PR,Reservation.....)--here Int.Proc determines a reservation needs

to be created or not

(3) reservations are created after you assign the vendor in workarea and create PO button in sourcing cockpit.are you getting reservation? or once you run req transfer job , this reservation is created in backend? so you telling even no external request created in srm ? how. how did you trace this external request does not have flag.

i am also wondering your first problem why external requirement did not appear in sourcing cockpit.

is it any stock material .Is it have account assignment in external request .

i am not sure but there are some limitations for mrp prs in srm and there are some workarounds are handled before transfering to srm.did you do anything on PR?.

regards

muthu