cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XL x Crystal Reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a bank and we just bought a software to run our transaction reconciliations. This software uses crystal report and it also gives us the ability to create our own reports but the problem is it uses the previous versin XL.

I want to buy the CR2008 but we would like to know if using the 2008 version we could sabe the reports in the previous version so if later on i need to send to the vendor they could open using the version 11 (XL).

thanks,

Edson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports typically supports 2 versions of forwards compatibility. That means reports created in CR 2008 can usually be opened the the two previous versions of the Designer as well. However, if your new report uses new features such as interactive parameters, interactive sorting, embedded flash, then obviously the older versions would not know how to interpret these objects and it would ignore them.

So, to make your reports in 2008 compatible with XI, try not use use the new 2008 features in these reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank You Henry.

In that case i can buy the CR2008 without fear and use it to manage the reports created in XL and save it in CR2008, so later if i need to send it to the vendor support they also can open it using the XL version as long as i use only the supported features for the XL.

Thanks a lot.

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you got it. And to clarify, it is XI not XL.

Answers (0)