cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Bex Query iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to create an iview on EP pointing to a Bex Query from the Bex Analyzer....please let me know the steps/configurations required for it to display the data in a tabular format...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Kindly follow the below steps:

1. Select BEx web application iview

2. Give the iview name (say description), iview id can be the technical name.

3. select the template for bi 7.0/bw3.5

4. BEx web application query string u2013 Query = u201Ctechnical nameu2019.

5. click finish

iview will be created. Assign this iview to corresponding role.

This is manually creating an iview. Iviews can be created automatically.

1.Goto BuisnessExplorer - > Query Designer

2. Click on open query icon, select infoareas, enter the query name and click open

3. Goto Query -> Publish-> ToPortal

4. Locate the folder under which you have to create the iview

5. Click on transfer and then execute

You have released the bi report from bi system to portal

6. Login to portal, add the iview to its corresponding role.

But for automatic iview, you need to configure some settings which I am not sure.

But you can try deploying manually by following above mentioned steps.

Hope I am clear.

Thanks,

Subashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subashini,

I followed the first option which is the manual option according to you.....and specified the Infocube and the Query name in the Iview property Query String Name.....but the layout of the report does not look good on the iview ...like certain pictures appearing as closed (with a closed button)....also we need to allow the user the option to 'Download to Excel' within the iview which is there but does not work...also there are extra fields for filters which we want to remove....how can we achieve all this....

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Anil

Edited by: Anil Kumar on Apr 3, 2009 9:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Preview the BEX report from BI which should cause this to open in a browser window. Copy the address that gets launched when you preview and paste this into your BEX Query string parameter on the Iview. This should then pull in all the attributes from your web template/Query.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the reply....when I talked to the BW team they said that they use Bex Query Designer rather than Web Application Designer(WAD)....then how should I go about in this situation...

Please help.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Query Designer has the same functionality. They should have a button on the UI that allows them to preview the Query which will launch it in a web browser window. Within the URL for that window, there should be something like QUERY=<QUERYNAME> and then some other parameters behind that such as VARIABLE_SCREEN=X&DUMMY=6 and a few others. Take the QUERY=<QUERYNAME> parameter and put it into the BEx Web Application Query String property on your BW Report Iview. Next, take the rest of the parameters from the URL and paste those into the applicattion parameters property on your BW Report Iview. This should launch the query and provide all reporting functionality such as filtering, sorting, etc.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

We were able to open the query in the web browser and this is the URL we got from it :

http://<server name>/sap/bw/BEx?sap-language=EN&CMD=LDOC&INFOCUBE=<infocube name>&QUERY=<query name>&VARIABLE_SCREEN=X&DUMMY=2

now pls let me know how should I specify these in iview properties as I tried different combinations in the Query String and the Application Parameters property but still didn't get the desired result...

Thanks again..

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Do you got to know how to map the parameters to BEx ivew from the following URL

http://<server name>/sap/bw/BEx?sap-language=EN&CMD=LDOC&INFOCUBE=<infocube name>&QUERY=<query name>&VARIABLE_SCREEN=X&DUMMY=2

Regards,

Chinna