Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation of packaging material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a big problem before a go live.

I need to have one packaging material for each material in delivery.

I create a splitting in MV50AFZ1 by creating by myself the two packaging material.

But when SAP processing the delivery before first output, my packaging items are without quantity and SAP adds to the delivery its packaging item which have the aggregation in quantity.

I check already the customizing and for the packaging item category there is not any flag related to able / disable aggregation.

I will go live on monday, 6 April.

I need helps urgently if is possible.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create a packing instruction and setup packing instruction determination (POP1 and POF1) and use automatic packaging, you system will pack according to your instructions and will pack each material in a seperate packing material. You can set automatic packing the delivery type, packaging will take place after creation of the delivery or hit the automatic packaging button in the packing dialog yourself.

Do you use batches in the delivery?

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we using batch determination in delivery

Edited by: Rocco Balenzano on Apr 3, 2009 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And you do want every single batch packed seperatly (so per batch split) or just packing on main level?

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have 3 item to be delivered, we want 3 packaging materials item. SAP creates uno item where quantity is aggregate. (For. ex. 3 item to be delivered, 1 packaging material item with qty 3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to to set up packing instructions and packing instruction determination with tcode POP1 and POF1? You put in a packaging material per material and through determination, it will determine automatically the right packaging material in the delivery. You can put in how many pieces per packaging material.

MdZ

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reason you want to see the packaging material as different delivery items for each delivery item that is packed (if the material number and batch number of packmat is same)?

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason is that I need to assign the material profit centre and WBS element (if present) to its packaging material. The packaging determination SAP works correctly, but I don't want che cumulative packaging item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have 3 item to be delivered, we want 3 packaging materials item. SAP creates one item where quantity is aggregate. (For. ex. 3 item to be delivered, 1 packaging material item with qty 3

Hi Rocco,

I have the feeling that you use SAP packing for something that maybe is not packing.

If your delivered item is always packaged in the same way, for example a carton box always containing 24 consumer units (let's toothpaste), then this is a standard SAP product which packaging is already part of the product. Therefore the carton box has already been consumed during production and you not need to do the packing again in SAP.

I believe this is your situation. Of course these carton box might be "packed" on an individual pallet.

The pallet could even be "packed" on a truck (I don't like this way of working, but you can do it in SAP).

If you take individual units, let's say 3 bottles of milk and one bottle of Pepsi and you put the bottles in a carton box to allow packaged delivery for a special customer, then you would need packing products in a box, but IMHO that is a different situation.

BTW packing in SAP is not mandatory, there is no problem in manually adding pallets in a delivery.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

your situation is clear. But, according to me, I have a different scenario.

So, my material is a cable and its packaging material is a drum.

If I have 2 cables with same drum, I want to have 2 packaging items and not only one.

I know all things that you described, but my situation is a "strange" situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

Cable + Drums => SAP Mill Products

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/EN/4e/1796374b088e5ce10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

In the cable industry reels are generally used as the packaging material on which cables are delivered. The system generates the reel items in the delivery as packing items (HUM) using the Packaging material items in delivery function

Check graphics in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/EN/4e/1796374b088e5ce10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Too bad it is an Industry Solution, not part of the standard system.

I hope it is only a minor part of your business, because to solve this in the standard ECC system is a big challenge IMHO.

Regards,

Franck