cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Universe Connection I get error CS: COM Provider CLSID not specifi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me with this error? I just installed Edge XIR3 and am trying to create a universe to a MS SQL 2005 server using an oledb connection. When I type in the credentials and test I get this error.

CS: COM Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous

Thank You.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same issue and installing Native Client resolved it. However we've now just installed a new test box and this time installed the latest Native Client, which is actually for 2008, and the issue has reappeared although in a slightly different place : previously, it impacted universe connections on the server, this time these are fine but our Webi connections are not working (in runtime mode, just not returning anything, in edit mode giving the above error). We're about to uninstall the 08 client and reinstall the 05 client and see if that fixes it.

Will let you know how we go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt have native SQL drivers installed. Installed them and everything works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff, we are running into the same issue in our company.

I'm curious to see why the connections worked previously in the XI R2 environment, but not now in 3.1.

Where can I download these drivers from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download the drivers from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d09c1d60-a13c-4479-9b91-9e8b9d835cdc&displa...

Once I installed the SQL Native client everything worked fine for me.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, this worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million, it solved my problem too!.

Dowloaded Native Client, XML6 and Analysis server client drivers and now working like a charm!