ERM 5.3 - Mass Role Import Issue
Good day Chaps.
I need you kind assistance. I have an issue uploading the Derived (Child) roles via the Bulk Down Load File into ERM 5.3
The error message I receive is Role processing failed; role not imported
I have tried several trouble shooting solutions, like saving the txt file using all Encoding options and exporting only one role from SAP ERP via tx /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES and try uploading it. No luck.
What am I missing? I will follow up this question with the Log History of the issue.
Edited by: Michael Hannie on Apr 2, 2009 9:41 PM
Harleen Kaur replied
Here are the steps for uploading derived roles:
Run the three background jobs:
1. Download the master roles and derived roles from R/3 system using transaction /n/VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES in two different files.
2. Maintain the Role Information text file by downloading the template from ERM.
One point to be noted is that there should be no Header line in the file that we upload.
3. Import both the files for master role into ERM system
4. Maintain the Role Information Text file
5. Maintain the Primary Org Level text file and maintain the Orglevel .
6. Import all these 3 files for derived roles into ERM system .
Hope this helps.