cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM 5.3 - Mass Role Import Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Chaps.

I need you kind assistance. I have an issue uploading the Derived (Child) roles via the Bulk Down Load File into ERM 5.3

The error message I receive is Role processing failed; role not imported

I have tried several trouble shooting solutions, like saving the txt file using all Encoding options and exporting only one role from SAP ERP via tx /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES and try uploading it. No luck.

What am I missing? I will follow up this question with the Log History of the issue.

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Edited by: Michael Hannie on Apr 2, 2009 9:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Here are the steps for uploading derived roles:

Run the three background jobs:

1. Download the master roles and derived roles from R/3 system using transaction /n/VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES in two different files.

2. Maintain the Role Information text file by downloading the template from ERM.

One point to be noted is that there should be no Header line in the file that we upload.

3. Import both the files for master role into ERM system

4. Maintain the Role Information Text file

5. Maintain the Primary Org Level text file and maintain the Orglevel .

6. Import all these 3 files for derived roles into ERM system .

Hope this helps.

Regards

Harleen

GRC RIG

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Have you run the following background jobs in ERM:

1) Org Value Sync

2) Transaction/Object/Field Sync

3) Activity Sync

Did you run them in the same sequence they have been provided above?

Seems like the Org Values are not synched in ERM. Make sure that the jobs get complete without any error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Harleen.

Yes, I can confirm that I have executed the jobs mentioned. BUT - When I click on the Job ID link for the jobs

1) Org Value Sync

2) Transaction/Object/Field Sync

3) Activity Sync

the Background Job Input fields are blank, no data is present in Filed Name or Field value .

I will execute the background jobs again, while, I wait for your input/reply.

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Harleen.

FYI

Below is the result of the Org. Value Sync ERM static job -

Background Job History

Job ID Last Modified On Status Message

120 4/6/09 8:00:44 AM Ready Job created

120 4/6/09 8:01:43 AM Running Job running

120 4/6/09 8:30:20 AM Completed Job completed

Page / 1 Rows per page : (Total Number of Records : 3)

Regards,

Michael Hannie

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Does your role have Org levels maintained in PFCG. If not then you cant upload a derived role until you maintain the org levels.

If yes then, the error can be with the template. Check the Template of Org Level File. You can download it from the Mass Role Import Configuration in ERM. Also, have u tried ANSI encoding?

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harleen.

yes, I have tried ANSI encoding, it seems my GRC AC 5.3 does not like it - I have a 80% derived role import with the following error message

Role not imported; unable to determine matching org. level for PERSA in the system - The Org Name differs from Role to Role.

What can the problem be?

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Did you already upload the Master role of the Child role. If not upload the parent role first or make sure that the parent role also exists in the import file.

Neha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Neha.

Yes, I can confirm that the Parent roles were successfully upload and present in ERM.

I think the issue is with the Bulk File...

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the import failed for me from time to time, when the role was not fully maintained in the backend system. E.g. the profile was not generated .... But this was no circumstance, which was really traceable.

Kind regards,

R.