cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDER ENTRY IN CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the CRM for campaigns, opportunity management so far.

We are creating the quotations, sales orders etc in SD

Now are planning to use CRM for Sales orders etc.

Now I want some valuable advices from the CRM gurus here.

What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Using CRM for ORDER ENTRY VS SD?

How difficult is it to bring the taxes, prices etc to CRM

DO we definitely need an IPC to create Order entry in CRM?

Once the Sales order is created in CRM does the data transfer easily to R/3 or we will have any problems.

Is the Middleware Reliable?

How many companies which Implemented CRM are using the ORDE ENTRY in CRM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisha,

I have done a lot of projects (almost 5-6) in CRM where everywhere we implemented Sales Order Processing in CRM. The importance of having Sales Order in CRM is that it can easily be linked with PreSales documents. E.g. Suppose you are using ISA and marketing some of products to user logged in. User can directly add that product in basket and order. It is required to have IPC in CRM in case items are relevant for pricing or you are using configurable products. Also, it is possible to overwrite the prices in CRM from the prices in R/3, after order replicates to R/3. The middleware is reliable to quite a good extent where you can make out from CRM itself if the order has moved to R/3 for processing (until unless order is error free).

In case you are using orders in CRM and replicating the same to R/3, you can avoid maintaining Quotations in R/3 (i.e. you may avoid quotation replication to R/3).

The concept here is to keep all kind of customer interaction to CRM. Order processing, process planning to R/3 and vendor management & related orders to SCM.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Vivek ,

Thanks for the reply.

So the IPC is not the Pre Requisite to have if we are planning to do Sales Orders in CRM.

So we can bring the Pricing and all the stuff from the R/3.

How are the Taxes maintained? You have separate Vertex server and CRM interacts with it through RFC?

Since we don’t have APO is There any Availability check in CRM?

We don’t have ISA right now.

Also we are having Mobile Sales. How can we transport the pricing data to Mobile Client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

If you need to handle configurable product or wants to do any kind of pricing in Mobile Sales or CRM, you need IPC. What I said is that if the items are not relevant for pricing ( i mean all the items) then you dont need IPC i.e. the order will be taken in CRM, no prices will appear to the user. Please see OSS note 702735 for more details on CRM with no IPC. Taxes can be calculated either from TTE or VERTEX by making an RFC connection but since I havent worked on it, I am not right person to comment. Availablity Information in CRM can be obtained from R/3 where you have two scenarios where you can either reserve the quantity on check or show user an estimate. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Thanks for the suggestions

I need some info on the use of the IPC.

So the CRM gets the pricing procedure from the IPC.

So how do we maintain the data in the IPC.

How the pricing in IPC is synchronizes with R/3 pricing.

How do we download the pricing from r/3 to IPC.

If we change the pricing in r/3 does it get automatically updated in IPC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the IPC gets its data from CRM to calculate order values. You synchronize the conditions & customizing from R/3 to CRM and set up CRM-specific pricing. The IPC is just a java-service running on the server to use all the information and do the necessary calculations.

Customizing & conditions are not transferred automitically. You'll need to synchronize the data by starting the objects.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You got all the answers from Michael.

But it answer ur queries once again:

1) The Pricing data is downloaded to CRM from R/3 using Middleware.

2) IPC is pricing and configuration engine for CRM written in java and thus they use common database.

3) Whenever a price change takes place in R/3, delta replicates in CRM thus updating the pricing in CRM/IPC Database.

Hope it helped.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek for your patience and answers.

I will let you know if i need more info

Thanks and Regards

KRishna

Answers (0)