Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in hierarchy table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks'

i have two requirements:

1)can i write a validation to meet the hierarchy value requirement? Under "SEVGVS" node there should not be any node with name"SEFLXXXXX".

If not validation,then how to achieve this?

2)Can we restrict the user from deleting a record depending on the value of a field? e.g: user x cannot be able to delete the record if the value of field ABC is y.

Regards,

Bis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis,

Restricting a User from Deleting a record based on a Field value is not possible in MDM.

As far as i know Record Operations like Adding ,Deleting,Modifying etc are specified for a User irrespective of any Field value.Based on his Role and Authorization he can either Delete all record or None records.

A workaround could be :

- Use a named Serach for records with Field Value = XYZ eg that you do not want the user to delete.

- As it is Named search every time the record has value XYZ in Field it will move to the created Named search

- And then Constraint the specified user from deleting any records in that named search.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi biswanath

For both the scenario we dont have direct solution in MDM.

1. Validation for Prod hierarchy: This can be done using Java codes, though will be hard coded for all the nodes.

2. Deleting records with constraint: Best way is to remove deletion autority for that role and give it some Admin role. Another workaround is to use portal for managing this.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis,

1. The validation you are looking for is not possible to achieve, since for writing validations on hierarchy table we have to select the hierarchy table in record mode and when you write expression, only the fields present in hierarchy table would be visible and will behave like a flat fields unlike name which will be available in main table only.

2. Since you dont want the user to delete the particular value records, you can use the concept of Named Search as suggested by Simona. But if feasible dont even show those records to the user using Named Searches only.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja