cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCF_AcroForm error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a custom WD4J app which uses an Adobe Interactive Form. We are using Adobe reader 9. Suddenly I started getting this error when trying to access the interactive form:

"Server error:

UCF_AcroForm

Could not send message"

The form is being opened in IE6.2 SP2.

This is the first time I've seen this message. I tried calling the app from Mozilla and the error doesn't appear. Nothing new has been installed or updated. Does anyone have any idea why this is appearing suddenly out of the blue? And more importantly does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birla, in the case of 8.1.2 and 9.1.0 this problem was easily rectified by doing the following:

Adobe->Edit->Preferences->Internet->check 'Display PDF in browser'.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already checked this option. Unfortunately this was checked for that user but still having this issue.

Regards,

Birla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, there's 2 other quick and easy things to try which I had to do to rid myself of this error. Try Adobe->Help->select 'Repair Adobe Installation'. Once finished, close the reader and then retry your action. Also make sure that the 'Display PDF in browser' is still checked. If that fails then try to re-install reader 9. Again check that the 'Display PDF in browser' is checked then try again.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Iam receiving the pop up when trying to open the pdf form.The Error is Server Error Class: UCF_AcroForm Method: Error.The Error displayed in some system and in some other system the form is working fine.The Form is created using the Designer 8.0.The form is working fine in reader 8.0.Is there any problem in the reader version.Is there any solution for this problem please provide.The "Display PDF in Browser" checkbox is checked.Hi you mentioned Try Adobe->Help->select 'Repair Adobe Installation'.Please say were i find this option.Is there any solution for this problem please provide.

Thanks and Regards,

SatheshKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same Problem. The error occurs only on a few PCs. Did someone already find a solution?

Thanks & Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar error when rolling out HCM forms on a new ESS/MSS portal and narrowed it down to cases in which Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 was installed on the same pc as Adobe Reader 8.1 (or even Adobe Reader 9.0). To fix it, we unchecked "Display PDF in Browser" in Acrobat Professional and checked it on in Reader 8.1. A colleague (after many hours of research) also found that in the installation process, the ACL (Access Control List) was changed, therefore we needed to correct the user control settings in the regini file -- see below.

Kristene Vaughn

NTFile Execution Options [1 5 10 11 14 17]

Settings [1 5 10 11 14 17]