cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default material quantity 1 in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

client demand when we enter material in sales order system should pick quantity 1 (one) by default

is it possible ?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by checking the field order quantity =1 at the item category level in t.code VOV7.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

or you can take the technical consultants help to write a method in the class builder for this requirement if you have any condition to fulfil..

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that material , In material master MRP1 view,Filll the Field FIXED lot size as 1.

Hope this clarifies..

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

thank you very much for u r reply

i need default value 1 but if user want to modify to any value like 9 or 99

system restrict as u told

so i think through ABAP development only we can achieve

for development can u suggest any thing

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hanumant,

As many of my friends have mailed you that try setting "order qty = 1" in VOV7 Screen (Item category details) - That activation is for allowing the user to enter only one qty per line item. he cannot enter 2 or 3 the system will deny it. if you want another item you will have to choose enter 1 in another line item.

I have tried various ways to check, likw what ramanathan raja has informed you need to seek ABAPER's Help

Regards

Sathya

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement involves both customization and development

Customization

In VOV7 for your item category order qty = 1 tick that

This will ensure the sales order qty can not be changed to anything other than 1

Development

For bringing the order qty to 1 default in the qty column without manual entry your ABAPer should be able to do it

Regards

Raja

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hanumath

Try by checking the box order quantity =1 in VOV7. If you check then system will make you to enter only 1 qunatity in the sales order.

Regards

Srinath

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible thro development only

By making the item category settings that is order qty is always = 1 i dont know whether the default value that is 1 will come in the sales order

But it will restrict the order qty to ONE only

If you make it to 2 system will show error and i hope this is not your requirement

If your requirement is, by default the order qty should be 1 and that should be editable

For this ABAP development is reqd

If your requirement is the order qty, by default should be 1and that is limited to 1 maximum (not changable to 2 ) the item cat settings is sufficient

But in this case also the 1 has to be manually input there

Regards

Raja

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your process is first by defualt 1 quantity and then it will be changed by the user, then I suggest to create item proposal functionality using T.code VA51. Create item proposal using this T.code, and then this can be used in VA01. By this way, the default item quantity can be kept at 1.

Regards