cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compression of js css files from ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

An iView in our portal displays an SAP transaction called using WEBGUI on using the ECC integrated ITS. GZIP compression works on everything from the portal side but never compresses any file (.js or .css etc.) from the ITS.

When analysing the .js and .jss files are coming from ../sap/public/bc/its/mimes/webgui/sl/...

none of the files from the above are compressed, even though we have set compression to on in tcode SICF for sap>public/bc/its/mime, service is activated etc..

It appears that files coming from .../sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui.. are being compressed.

The difference is transmitted data is massive and i know the compression of the .js and .css files woudl reduce traffic by 70%.

I have already checked ict/never_compress and it does not contain .js or .css

Can anyone suggest reasons why compression is not taking place.

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Please see note 1037677, profile parameter ict/exclude_compression is probably the issue?

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I had checked this a few days ago - you are correct - iut was that parameter. The reason i thought it did not include css and js was that the report RSPARAM does not relfect the values (it truncates the string even though the report box has enough room to display more characters). To get the actual value it is necessary to double click on the report field. Crazy!

For those interested - the result - about 75% less bandwidth required for GUI HTML from web browser or iView.

Answers (0)