cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email PO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While trying to save the PO, we are getting the warning that No message generated for output of purchasing document. We are trying to send the PO directly to the vendor via email. email is properly maintained in vendor master. the settingslike vendor number, 5, 4 also mainatianed in MN05. CS01 communication strategy also mainatained. can anybody help me with this?

thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto NACE .

u2022 Select EF and click on OUTPUT TYPES.

u2022 Then select Output Type NEU and click on processing routines .

u2022 In that you have to add a new entry - medium 5 .

u2022 Then you need to assign a program, form routine and form.

u2022 You can use the standard program i.e. SAPFM06P, FORM routine is always ENTRY_NEU and standard MEDRUCK.

u2022 Then in PARTNER FUNCTION you need to add a new entry : medium - 5 and function - VN .

u2022 For subject of the mail goto Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

u2022 Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols give programm as SAPMM06E and Form Routine as TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE .

u2022 Now the subject will be PO No. 1800004202.

u2022 You need to maintain your email id in tcode SU01 and also the vendor's email id.

u2022 Now while creating a new purchase order , change the medium to External Send .

u2022 Then goto Communication Method and select CS01 . ALSO make sure that the Cover Page Text has value PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

u2022 Goto tcode ME9F .

u2022 Execute.

u2022 Select the checkbox and click on Output Message.

u2022 You will get a message MAII 00000000000001 generated.

this may help U !

REgards,

Pardeep Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

earlier everything was working when i tested all this in quality system. can you please go step by step to make sure we have covered evertyhing

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check also,

IMG

MM -- Purchasing -- Messages -- Output Control -- Message Types -- Define Message types for PO

In this see whether in the processing routines,

for Medium 5, whether the program, form routine and form are maintained properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No message generated for output of purchasing document. This warning comes up while trying to check the PO before saving and looks like this comes up only for certain vendors and not everybody. Is this has anything to do in the vendor master.

Thanks

Anusha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually it has to do with missing condition records for messages (transaction MN04 MN05).

SAP is not able to find a condition record with the data you have in the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it finds a message output if i dont maintain a condition record in MN04 with the key combination pur org/doc type/vendor and just maintain in the third key combo which is doc type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Compare the communication method tab in MN04 for the successful case and failure case. Aslo check the Purchase order's communication tab too.

Also check the communication language specifically.

Thanks,

Vasanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is so weird. When i maintain a condition record in MN04 for a particular vendor, Doc type and Porg with setting 5, 4, EN so that we can send the PO via email to the vendor, the system is not generating a output of the purchase order when i check it before saving. If i try to manually create an output it is creating the output.

Next when i do not maintain any condition record in MN04 with the key combo porg, doc type, vendor. Then the system is nicely generating the output of the PO. PLease help me with this situation. we need setup the email PO functionality

Thanks

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you manage to solve your problem of email output not being determined ?

we are having the same problem and all config seems to be fine

any help appreciated

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is Partner data maintained?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there is the main vendor, VN, PI, OA maintained in the vendor master. i tried to test it with a different vendor. The other vendor looks like generates a message output. But it is not working for just this vendor

Thanks

Anusha

Edited by: anusha vemulapati on Apr 2, 2009 5:46 PM