cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS File Monitoring - Autoreaction for every new File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a folder with xml files. I monitor these files with the sapccmsr agent. this works fine. Now I want to establish an alerting for the files. If in one of these files contains the pattern "error", I want to generate an alert. I have generated a logfile template like here:

LOGFILE_TEMPLATE

DIRECTORY="E:/usr/sap/prfclog/sapccmsr/Test/"

FILENAME="*.xml"

MONITOR_FILESIZE_KB=1

PATTERN_0="Error"

VALUE_0=RED

if in a file the pattern "Error" exists the colour in rz20 is changed to red. this is working ...

now I come to my problem:

the names of the monitored files are changing. for example there is a file with the name "file_0.xml". the next day a new file with the name "file_x.xml" exists. so, for the alerting with autoreaction it is necessary that the system gives the autoreaction to each file in the monitor automaticly. is it possible? how can i solve this problem?

best regards

christopher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

> the names of the monitored files are changing. for example there is a file with the name "file_0.xml". the next day a new file with the name "file_x.xml" exists.

you monitor all theses files. The wildcard in the parameter "FILENAME" ensures this:

> FILENAME="*.xml"

> so, for the alerting with autoreaction it is necessary that the system gives the autoreaction to each file in the monitor automaticly. is it possible? how can i solve this problem?

A short look into the [online documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cb/0f8897c23b414ab6e562aa913971bc/frameset.htm] returns the parameters AUTOREACTION_LOC and AUTOREACTION_CEN.

Maybe they will be helpful?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for your helpful answer. The parameters AUTOREACTION_LOC and AUTOREACTION_CEN solved my problem.

Best regards

Christopher

Answers (0)