cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy with reference to Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If the user creates customer master(XD01) with reference to another customer master then system should not copy all the fields say Name and contact number. How can I restrict this in SAP.

Can any body helps???

Thanks!!!

Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Normally when we copy existing customer to a new customer we use XD01 with reference and we don't select the items we don't want to copy or we delete the value when we are copying.

But if you want user to have a feature through which when ever they create a new customer using the existing customer they should not copy the recon a/c for Ex, than you have to create a Z transaction by copying the orignial XD01 and have your restrictions coded there..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never come across this as a client need so I'm not positive -- but there are user exits for customer master, so suggest you explore w/your abaper to see if there's anything suitable...good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Name/address info don't copy when doing create with reference -- give it a try yourself to see result, or am I misunderstanding your question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response....My question is i want to restrict some of the fileds if i create with reference to another Customer(Say Recon Account,..some fields)..is it possible?any copy controls available for customer master?

Thanks!!!

Poorna

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per my knowledge you can restrict the values as you are refering the another customer master.