cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving materials to new Storage Locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just re-organised our site and for more detailed control, have created more Storage locations in one particular plant. Consequently, we need to move approx 1000 existing materials from the one location previously in place to the new ones. Is there a quick way of doing this as opposed to the individual GIs and GRs?

Thanks

Jim Jackson

0 Kudos

If you use MB1B you can move multiple materials from location to another location at one time. I usually pull my information in MB52 and dump it into an excel file. From there I can just copy and paste multiple lines at once in MB1B.

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to SAP Community for answers. Please post your question as a new question here:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.htmlSince you're new in asking questions here, check out our tutorial about asking and answering questions (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions more effectively, that draw responses from our members. Please note, that your post here won't be answered.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these storage locations part of the same plant. If yes, in MIGO screen select A08 transfer posting anf Mvm.Type 311. If the storage locations are part of different plants, enter 301mvm type.

regards

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Tcode: MB1B

transfer posting with Movement type 311.

required fields is as follows

1) Material code

2) Plant

3) store location

4) recv store - In which you want to transfer your stock

5) qty

6) Enter & save

regards,

Rahul Kulkarni.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not aware of any mass tarnsaction that would fulfill this requirement. You can use LSMW with the mentioned MB1B+311 to realize the stock transfer.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 2, 2009 8:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, folks for the speedy replies - very much appreciated.

My users are very happy now using MB1B for the initial immediate mass changes required with an option to use the MIGO option if single transfers are needed in the future. As they are all within the same plant some potential difficulties have been removed.

It's now to see these forums actually work brilliantly in discovering transactions etc. you'd never find otherwise.

Best regards to you all

Jim

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is easier through MIGO with 311mvm type, byt you can do it also from MB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Transaction MB1B with movement type 311 will do.

I just want to add for quick transfer. Maintain all materials & quantity where source & destination storage locations are same in one excel sheet. Then just copy & paste these fields in SAPu2019s MB1B screen. It will help to transfer fast. Or else, you can go for LSMW.

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MB1B, through Movement type 311 you can transfer more than one material from one s.loc to other s.loc.

Suppose if you want to transfer from one s.loc to different s.loc, then i hope in standard SAP its not possible in single transaction.

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to MM17.

Then execute you will get a screen with material as Input parameter and provide all the materials as an Excel file and then execute again.

then you can see New values field...there provide the new value and then u can see the Pust botton called Carry out mass change(Film)....u can see the change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can do a transfer posting with Movement type 311.

Tcode: MB1B

Regards

Edited by: Snehalkumar Kadam on Apr 2, 2009 4:11 PM