cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint webservice call -> Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I try to call a webservice provided by Sharepoint Services 3.0 I always get the following:

InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://[myserver]/_vti_bin/dws.asmx?WSDL, used user to connect: [myuser]" 

That myuser was given in Netweaver Administrator in the SOA Management -> Destination Template Management as "HTTP authentication - user id/passwort (basic). The destination type was set to WSDL with that URL.

Password I cheked several times. When I call this URL in a browser I can access with that user...

Any idea whats wrong or what I have to change?

Thx in advance,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One addition:

If I try to use the Web Service navigator with the WSDL URL I get a prompt for Username/Password. When I give the user thats working with the browser here, its not working as well.

Strange...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check the proxy settings on the engine? It could be seen in the NetWeaverAdministrator -> SOA Management -> Global Settings.

The assumption is that the request to wsdl goes (does not go) via proxy. Could the check what is the expected behavior.

A second assumption that comes to my mind is to double-check the password typing. It could be that something is mis typed.

A third assumption is is it certian that the web service WSDL expect basic authentication? It could be protected with other mechanisms which would result in the same result.

~Dimitar