cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development standards for Web Dynpro - enhancement of std ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are new to web dynpro and is starting on a project to create some ESS transations in the HR area.

Does anyone knows whether there are any development standards recommended for enhancing standard ESS application with web dynpro. Is there any recommended development standards like naming conventions for labels functions routines etc to be used especially when we are enhancing the standard ess applications.

Rgds,

Audrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

chk this link for standards and naming conventions.

thanks

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pang

For enhancing ESS with Webdynpro you have to follow a framework called FPM (Floor Plan Manager) which SAP itself uses to create the standard Webdynpro of ESS/MSS package.The only online available is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

You have to go through the tutorial completely and then analyses the existing SAP created ESS Webdynpro.A good starting point is ess~skl (Skills Application).All development standard/ naming convention you will get from there.

For any other information regarding these please post.

Thanks

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am new to webdynpro for java.My requirement is to customize the ESS in Webdynpro java.Please give how to create in wd-java step by step document for the Payroll system event in ESS.How to upload the ess package in NWDS,how to mapp the FPM component to current component.Please provide me.

Thanking you,

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Audrey,

There are basically 2 ways of enhancing the Standard Applications, either in the backend (ABAP) or in the frontend (Web Dynpro for Java). For Frontend enhancements you need a Infrastructure which supports you in your development cycles called Neweaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/03/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/content.htm

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audrey,

Please let me know the R/3 version.

Are you using ESS with ECC 5.0 or ESS with R/3 46C/470?

Regards,

Shubham