cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRS 2008 Scheduled Report Runs Twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have been using CRS 2008 for about 6 months now and have had scheduled reports running since the beginning. Last month I created new schedules for each report and deleted the old schedule. However, although the old schedule no longer shows in the History tab, it appears to still be running. As of right now, I have only one schedule per report, however, each report gets processed and saved out twice. This did not start happening until I created new schedules and deleted the old ones.

Is there something else I have to do (or can do) in order to completely remove the old schedules or fix the new ones if that happens to be the issue?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After further examination, it appears that it did not work...

After having deleted the reports and reloaded them with new names, I'm at a loss as to what to do here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

After hashing this out with another developer here, we believe the issue may reside in the Destination Job Server. The reason for this is that the History shows only one schedule (as well as the instance server only showing one schedule) and only shows one report being run at the scheduled time.

From what the UI looks like, we're pretty sure that the files do not get named until the Destination Job Server comes around to push it out. Our assumption at this point is that the DJS is, for some reason, picking it up twice and sending it twice. However, I don't know enough about the servers to try to figure out why this is happening.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's very unlikely that the destination job server is involved, from what I can see you are scheduling reports? the djs is only used when using the "Send to" functionality in InfoView.

what is your actual workflow? recurrence, destination, format, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fritz,

Each report (of which there are 9 at this point), is set up in the following manner:

1. Scheduled to run once a day (times staggered by 5 minutes for each starting at 12:15am)

2. 6 are delivered to a folder on the network, 3 are delivered via email

3. All have the same naming structure: InstanceTitle_DateTime.FileExt

4. Each are formated as PDF

Originally, the six that are delievered to a network folder were also delivered via email as well. This issue only started happening after I deleted those email deliveries. Also, the 3 that are still delivered via email and have never been modified after first being set up are now being run twice as well.

After looking in the network folder this morning, it appears that only four of the six were run twice last night, while all six were run twice for the two nights before that.

This is very frustrating since I have already deleted and started from scratch and still have this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a clustered environment with multiple CMS's? It could be that one CMS is picking up the job but not able to inform the other CMS that it has done so. This would cause the other CMS to pick up the job too causing reports to be scheduled twice.

Check for network issues, multihomed environments, transport errors in event viewer, and in some cases, the 3gb switch added to the boot.ini file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

After reading your message, I was wondering this myself. After a little probing of the Hardware folks, I have come to find out that they made a virtual image of our Crystal Reports Server machine and placed it on the network but didn't let anyone know. So it was trying to run the exact same reports from both servers.

Sorry about the confusion all, but thanks for your support and quick responses!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted and reloaded all reports.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Use the instance manager in the CMC to find your recurring instances (change the Status field to Recurring). This should display all of your current schedules, narrow it down to one folder if you get too many results. Do you see one schedule per report here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fritz, thanks for the response.

To answer your question, yes, there is only one instance per report in the Instance Manager.

I have found a way around my issue for now. I had to delete all my reports that had schedules attached to them and reload them up to the server. Once I did this, I created the schedules anew on the newly uploaded reports and everything is working correctly for those ones. It seems that the issue may have something to do with setting up a new schedule and deleting the old one (as opposed to setting the new one to replace the old one).

In either case, I'd still like to know if anyone else has had this issue and if there is an easier fix than doing what I've had to do.