cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in importing SWCV from SLD to IR in PI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created product and software component in System Landscape Directory(SLD). Now i want to import that in to IR. I am doing it in PI7. Could anyone please tell me how to import SWCV from SLD to IR.

Regards,

Swetha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is basic thing go to menu of IR and select tools under which import from SLD option will be there which will list all the avaialbel objects then select yours it will be imported

If not listing clear SLD cache and repeat the same

Happy Learning

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I know that navigation. But in PI7 that navigation is not there.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it should be there as i am using PI7.0 only

sorry it was Tools -> Transfer from SLD-> import SWCV

check one more time other wise check basis for any role they have set for your user

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this.....click on create button......then select workareas - SW component version......then click on Import from SLD option and then click on Display button which will show you all the sw components from SLD in a popup menu........then select your sw component and import it in IR........But this method works in PI7.1.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. It is working in PI7 also. But after import into work areas i selected create button. But it was not created.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in IR, first close all the open windows.......then click on create button........then a popup window will come........in that in left side select workareas.......then inside it on expanding it you will see SW Component version.......click SW component version.......and then do the steps i said in above post, then your sw component will be imported from SLD into IR.....

Still if you are not able to import it in IR, then tell me all the steps you did and finally what error you got..'

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved. Than you for your reply.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

I am not able to see the option WorkArea after clicking create object button will this be applicable only on some SPs

I am on SP14 PI7.0 but not showing any idea?

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in IR in menu, in Tools - Import SW Components from SLD click it(i cant remember the menu but it is something like this in PI7).......then from the popup menu, choose your sw component from SLD and then click on import to import it in IR in PI7.0.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta