Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Key Issue

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to install my license key. I logged on to my PC and started the SAP system (SAP Management Console) with the NSPADM user. Furthermore, I logged on to the system via SAP GUI

with user BCUSER.

I have entered all required data and started the installation process. After 300 seconds I get a shortdump saying:

Short text: Time limit exceeded.      
What happened: The program "SAPLSLI1" has exceeded the maximum permitted runtime of 300 seconds and has therefore been terminated.

I have tried to run the installation several times, but with the same result. One thing that makes me suspicious is that the TEMPLICENSE has installation nr. INITIAL, while the license key has installation nr. DEMOSYSTEM.

What do you think?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ Elvez

Message was edited by: Elvez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After increasing the maximum permitted runtime, parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time, in transaction rz11 everything worked fine.

It seems, as mentioned in other threads, that the system has not complied all objects (no SGEN as it would exceed most local harddisk space) yet and therefore the initial runtime of new objects is quite long. Therefore, besides increasing the maximum permitted runtime, you can solve the problem by running the license installation time and again.

/ Elvez